Virus Protection

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, but most people downloading from the Market or where ever, after they hit install, pay little attention to what system resources it is accessing. Understood the world is buyer beware but the general public pays little to no attention to what is going on.

That's the big thing. Forget antivirus. People really need to pay attention to those privileges. I found myself kinda ignoring them, but I pay more attention now after the recent scares.

It's hard to get people to pay attention, but I think that the privileges screen should at least be a little scarier. If the app asks for access to sd card, contacts, and internet I think there should be a clearer, sterner warning.

In the end, though, I don't care much if an app steals my contacts or sd card data. I don't have anything to hide. The one thing I really watch out for is what apps I put passwords into. The big one is the browser. I love Dolphin HD, but if I ever do anything sensitive (banking), I'm going with the stock browser. I use K9 for email but I trust those guys...I think.