Virtual Keyboard

WJR916503

Reaction score
Since the 2.3 update I have noticed that my standard keyboard has been working really sluggish. I have tried clearing most of my data/media from my phone and its still acting the same way.

So I downloaded the "Betterkeyboard" free verison, and while I really seem to like the responsiveness of the keyboard I am having an issue with the annoying noise that it makes when I type. Is there anyway to turn the noise off other then simply putting the phone on vibrate.

Thirdly, does anyone have any other recommendations for virtual keyboards. I am just not willing at this time to pay for the full verison of "Betterkeyboard".

bullswife98

Reaction score
You can go into settings( better keyboard) and uncheck keyboard sound. I used that keyboard and have used swift key beta it's free, currently using go keyboard and like it alot highly customizing with word predictions. You could give that one a try,using it to type this post.

ROOTED: OG Droid1, Rzrecovery2.0.3
ROM: Simply Stunning v5.4
KERNAL: ChevyNo1 lv1.0
THEME: GoLauncher ex, Glow

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thirdly, does anyone have any other recommendations for virtual keyboards. I am just not willing at this time to pay for the full verison of "Betterkeyboard".
Looked around at all? SlideIT, Swiftkey, Swype and others are commonly suggested.