Reaction score
What is a root/rooting...ICP....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kijutsu

Reaction score
What is a root/rooting...ICP....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Root/Rooting -

High user account typically used on Linux which grants full read/write access to all sections (minus bootloader and radios in most cases) of the Android software of a given phone. Root is typically achieved by an exploit of one form or another, installing su (switchuser program used to 'switch' to the root account) and it's associated binaries. Using root, you can format, edit, modify the phone, and if so chosen and available, completely wipe the phone and install a custom ROM.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rooting is a was to gain full access to the system files of your phone, essentially... giving you full access to do what you want, depending on your knowledge level.

I'm assuming ICP = ICS? ICS = Android 4.0+ = aka. Ice Cream Sandwich - the latest official version of Android.

And welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Root/Rooting -

High user account typically used on Linux which grants full read/write access to all sections (minus bootloader and radios in most cases) of the Android software of a given phone. Root is typically achieved by an exploit of one form or another, installing su (switchuser program used to 'switch' to the root account) and it's associated binaries. Using root, you can format, edit, modify the phone, and if so chosen and available, completely wipe the phone and install a custom ROM.

Very nice explanation! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jayman350

Reaction score
Best advice you can get!

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

absolutely, read up on everything until you understand it...then read it again, cause otherwise you will be doing a lot more reading figuring out how/why something got screwed up