1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Viewing outdoors

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by Jus Cruisin, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin New Member

I've read the new super amoled screen is supposed to have better screen visibility in the sunlight. True or not? My original Droid is virtually useless outdoors and a readable screen outside would be a big plus for me if I decide to change. I am figuring the X will have the same sunlight issues I have now.
  2. CouchSpud

CouchSpud New Member

It's better, but not extremely so. You will be able to see the screen, but it will look a little washed out.
  3. ohfire

ohfire New Member

It is loads better than any phone I have had. I can use the phone, text and use email in bright sunlight, it is outstanding as far as I am concerned.
  4. Scott1974

Scott1974 New Member

I put an anti-glare screen protector on mine and it seems to help with the glare when outdoors. The downside is that the screen protector can sometimes make a clear picture appear a bit pixelated. Not awful, but it is noticible. I also find that if' I'm wearing sunglasses (polarized) while looking at the screen, it makes it even more of a challenge to see the screen.
  5. soba1

soba1 New Member

This screen is strong in direct sunlight. Just turn brightness all the way up
  6. Insult2Injury

Insult2Injury New Member

I have the brightness set to adjust automatically and have no issue using phone outdoors. Huge improvement from droid

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  7. greg72

greg72 New Member

You aren't going to find a better screen in the daylight as of right now. I compared side by side with my friends iphone4 with the Retina display and the image on the SF was slightly better in direct sunlight. It's a night and day difference between the SF and Droid 1.
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Wow, my Droid 1 must have some sort of weird screen that no one else with a Driod 1 has...... If I turn my brightness to 100%, it's perfectly useable in direct sunlight and doesn't look washed out at all. I'm not saying the Super AMOLED isn't better - but unless like I said, my Droid 1 has a totally different type of screen than others; well, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I'd owned the thing 6 months before it dawned on me to crank the brightness, but once I did it works excellent.
Search tags for this page
best mobile for viewing outdoors

best phone for outdoor viewing

best phone for viewing outdoors
best phone screen protector for outside viewing
can the s4 be adjusted for viewing outside
droid charge and outdoor view
i can't read my phone in the sunshine
i would like to read my samsung nexus 10 outside in bright s
outside viewing mode android
screen outdoor for android
what is the best phone for viewing outdoors