Viewing outdoors

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
I've read the new super amoled screen is supposed to have better screen visibility in the sunlight. True or not? My original Droid is virtually useless outdoors and a readable screen outside would be a big plus for me if I decide to change. I am figuring the X will have the same sunlight issues I have now.

CouchSpud

Reaction score
It's better, but not extremely so. You will be able to see the screen, but it will look a little washed out.

ohfire

Reaction score
It is loads better than any phone I have had. I can use the phone, text and use email in bright sunlight, it is outstanding as far as I am concerned.

Scott1974

Reaction score
I put an anti-glare screen protector on mine and it seems to help with the glare when outdoors. The downside is that the screen protector can sometimes make a clear picture appear a bit pixelated. Not awful, but it is noticible. I also find that if' I'm wearing sunglasses (polarized) while looking at the screen, it makes it even more of a challenge to see the screen.

soba1

Reaction score
This screen is strong in direct sunlight. Just turn brightness all the way up

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
I have the brightness set to adjust automatically and have no issue using phone outdoors. Huge improvement from droid

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

greg72

Reaction score
You aren't going to find a better screen in the daylight as of right now. I compared side by side with my friends iphone4 with the Retina display and the image on the SF was slightly better in direct sunlight. It's a night and day difference between the SF and Droid 1.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, my Droid 1 must have some sort of weird screen that no one else with a Driod 1 has...... If I turn my brightness to 100%, it's perfectly useable in direct sunlight and doesn't look washed out at all. I'm not saying the Super AMOLED isn't better - but unless like I said, my Droid 1 has a totally different type of screen than others; well, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I'd owned the thing 6 months before it dawned on me to crank the brightness, but once I did it works excellent.