1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screens in Daylight

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by velocity97, Nov 27, 2009.

1. velocity97

velocity97 New Member

When I end a call and move the droid away from my ear, the display screen changes to the end call screen and its icons.

However if i happen to be outdoors in bright sunlight, the screen will not display or change over to the end call screen. Hitting home or return doesn't display new screens. But it functions properly indoors or low light.

Anyone have similar experiences?
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I recommend you get the app Sensor Test from the market and run a test on your proximity sensor in bright light and dark

The results should net 2.14xxx when the proximity sensor is uncovered and 3.0 when covered.

It may be that your sensor in bright light detects something over it (showing a 3)

If thats the case it's reason for return (obviously) because it does not function properly. You can replicate it at the VZW store as well if they give you any problems.
  3. orangetux

orangetux New Member

Hi velocity...I had this same problem and I compared my DROID with my wife's DROID using the sensor app. It was a hardware issue and I exchanged my DROID at Best Buy. Now I have no problems with it.
Search tags for this page

android phone with daylight screens

daylight reading app android

daylite to droid