Video Playback issues

ocholoco

Reaction score
Hey all, my apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but I did search and can't find anything that solves my problem.

Here's the background: Galaxy 10.1 + Snow Leopard OS Mac + Samsung Kies + Handbrake

I have ripped some copies of my DVD collection so that I could play them on my Droid. They were saved .m4v (to also be compatible with my iPod)but I changed the file extension to .mp4 because the Tab 10.1 won't play .m4v. I used Kies to transfer the movies to the tab and they are showing up on the tab but I'm having issues with the play back. it will play choppily about 4 seconds then freeze. When I close the video player I still hear audio playing but no video. It's very strange.

Is it because I changed the file extension? Has anyone else been having problems like this? When I play the movies on my phone or iPod or
computer, everything is fine, it's just with the Tab.
mad.png

TIA

Donboyd23

Reaction score
I think it is because you changed the file extention. I have used Handbrake to rip my DVDs and they play fine without any modification. In order to change a audio or video file you have to "convert" it with some type of program. Try www.download.com for converters for the Mac.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

nybruh

Reaction score
Im having LITERALLY the same exact problem with my Samung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Video plays a few seconds, freezes up, but the audio continues... and I didnt mess with the extensions. As I posted in another forum, videos on there before update plays fine... I took one of the same exact videos that plays fine, added it again from my computer (changing the name so I would know the difference)... and the same video that is presently playing fine is freezing up on the second copy.