M4V Player?

cbrinson

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a program that will play M4V files. I downloaded a digital copy of Clash of the Titian's into itunes, thinking it would be an MP4 file. I guess the latest update to itunes changed the video files to M4V. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Rock Player will play M4V files, but the file you downloaded into iTunes has DRM in it. You can't play it other than in an Apple device. There are apps out there that will strip the DRM from the file but you have own the file since you need to log into the iTunes account and it converts in real time as it plays it. IMO, its not worth it. Just go visit your favorite bittorrent site and download the movie you already own.

Reaction score
Rock Player will play M4V files, but the file you downloaded into iTunes has DRM in it. You can't play it other than in an Apple device. There are apps out there that will strip the DRM from the file but you have own the file since you need to log into the iTunes account and it converts in real time as it plays it. IMO, its not worth it. Just go visit your favorite bittorrent site and download the movie you already own.

I have a really hard time finding DX compatible movies and tv shows, especially in 720p quality. My understanding was that the movie was housed on Itunes but it could be played in non apple devices. Couldn't you just use astro to rename the extension to mp4? The file should still be able to play.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

cbrinson

Reaction score
Yeah tried renaming, didn't work. Just thought there may be a program out there for X that I just wasn't able to find, or maybe one that would convert to MP4.