Verizon's "my Verizon" app no go on wifi

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's possible that they want everything to be secure as possible. They can't really guarantee someone's home network is secure. Mine does the same thing. I just cut the wifi off and then cut it back on once I am done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was disabled over WiFi for security reasons. They don't want you accessing your account over an unsecured network.

R

RETG

And yet, I can access my verizon account on a computer while sitting in Starbucks or even in a rest area on Interstate 80dancedroid

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And yet, I can access my verizon account on a computer while sitting in Starbucks or even in a rest area on Interstate 80dancedroid

There is no way they can block you from using your own PC, on your own network, accessing a public website. They're simply trying to keep people safe, and I don't understand why using 3G to access My Verizon is such a hassle.

GDP

Reaction score
Because it uses data and they only want you to be using their network. That way they can count that toward your data usage if you are on their 150MB smartphone plan

Sent from my Droid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
GDP, i'm pretty sure that any data used by the My Verizon app does NOT count towards your allotment. Sort of like how calling customer service from the device doesn't count toward your voice allotment.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because it uses data and they only want you to be using their network. That way they can count that toward your data usage if you are on their 150MB smartphone plan

Sent from my Droid

:rolleyes:

I think that's about all I can say.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Its a security thing and nothing else.

It works directly with your mobile number and can't work that way over wifi.

Droidforums.net appified!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it does count against your data, but you don't have to use the My Verizon app.

GDP

Reaction score
It definitely does count against your data. However, I was sort of joking as it takes very little data to run the app.

Sent from my Droid