1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon Upgrade followed by loss of pairing to car

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by c2hopper, May 16, 2014.

1. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

My phone got a Verizon upgrade prompt Wednesday which I "accepted" yesterday. Today for the first time I was in my car (2012 Acura TL) since accepting the Verizon upgrade and now my car and phone (Droid Razr M) won't pare. Wondering if anyone else saw and accepted the Verizon upgrade AND has experienced a similar outcome with their phone / car?
  2. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

I assume you received the 4.4.2 KitKat OS upgrade?

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums
  3. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

How would I know? Is there an upgrade history kept on my phone?
  4. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

The message I get on my Droid when trying to pare to my car is "No nearby Bluetooth devices were found". Again, everything was working fine until I accepted an upgrade notification from Verizon. Now I can't connect the two devices (phone to car). BTW, I have successfully pared my phone to two separate Bluetooth ear pieces.
  5. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Settings > About Phone > Android Version will display what android version you have.

6. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Have you started with simple troubleshooting steps? Turned the phone off and back on again and tried to pair with your car?

7. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

After an OS upgrade with new Bluetooth changes, sometimes you have to do a complete unpair and repair. I would unpaid the car Bluetooth from the phones Bluetooth settings and then reboot the phone. Then remove / unpair / delete the phone from the Car's Bluetooth menu. Then re-establish the pairing using the Car's Bluetooth instructions. That has worked good for me a few times after a new phone or a new Operating System.

8. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

If there was a working pairing between your phone and car before the update, you may need to delete that pairing on both ends and redo the pairing from start. I recall an existing pairing caused a problem with my car.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
  9. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

Thnx for that direction...my Android Version is 4.4.2 (the one I believe you mentioned).
  10. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

Yes, I did perform these steps...and also deleted the phone listing from my car and started from scratch with the paring process (no success).
  11. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

I've tried this with no success...I'm not sure what else to do other than visit my Acura dealer (maybe they'll have suggestions) but after that I'm truly at a loss (tho I VERY MUCH appreciate the guidance I'm getting on this thread!
  12. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

Thnx, I've tried this approach and still no success...ugh!
  13. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

You can also open a ticket with Motorola Tech Support. There is always a chance with a new Operating System that there are bugs to fix. My RAZR M works great with both of my Bluetooth devices with Kit Kat, but I don't have built in Bluetooth in my Jeep to test it with.

14. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

One last troubleshooting step: If you want you can go to Settings > Apps > scroll over to ALL > open Bluetooth Share and select Clear Data. This will remove all Bluetooth settings and history from your phone if you decide to do it. You would have to setup all Bluetooth connections again. Then reboot and see if you can pair to your car.

15. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

Thnx for this suggestion as well. I tried it and I still can't pair. My car states that it doesn't recognize any phones and to ensure that my device's "Bluetooth connection is turned on" (which it is). Maddening!!!
  16. Danvee

Danvee Member

Assuming no hardware issues in either device (purely coincidental) it might take a factory reset of the phone. An OS update should really warrant that, but the manufacturer won't, for obvious reasons, suggest it unless problems arise.
    That's generally their Customer Service's first line on the "punch list".
  17. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

You are welcome. Sorry to hear that...has to be frustrating! If it were me, I would call Moto Tech Support and open a help ticket. Call back often if necessary. The recent KitKat update might have broken something in the Bluetooth profile that your car uses to connect to the phone.

@Danvee has a good point also. A lot of people recommend performing a Factory Data Reset (FDR) after each OS upgrade, like we just received. A FDR might resolve the issue, but it's not always guaranteed when it comes to Bluetooth issues. Any tech rep at Moto, Verizon or your car dealer will probably ask if you have done a FDR and probably recommend that as the next step.

If you are not familiar with the FDR process it wipes all personal data from the phone (apps, pics, music, etc.) and reverts the phone back to "factory" settings. You will have to completely set up everything again. Make sure you back up all important files, pics, music, etc. that are stored on the internal memory to a SD card, cloud storage or your computer before you perform a FDR.
  18. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

Danvee & Sajokaz...thnx for your thoughts. Sounds like a call to Motorola Tech Support is my next step. Thnx for the suggestions and guidance!!!
  19. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Just read on the Moto forum this morning from another RAZR M user that Tech Support told them that Bluetooth MAP is broken in the KitKat update we received. They cannot connect to their car also.

20. c2hopper

c2hopper New Member

Sajokaz, can you share the link to the Moto forum thread you referenced (I'd like to follow it, for obvious reasons)...if so thnx in advance!
Search tags for this page

droid razr m update may 2014 now can't pair jawbone bluetoot