Multiple problems with S4 post 4.3 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyp2

Reaction score
Question for all of you out there. How many are experiencing this that did a clean install. (Factory reset then install the new software). I wont get the update til almost December but I was wondering if that made a difference for y'all out there

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I did not. I was rooted already and wanted to keep root.

bsghs02

Reaction score
Back on the phone with VZW now that I'm seeing others are having these issues, that and I got a text from the VZW rep. They have confirmed that they know of two of the issues:
- Verizon car charger isn't working
- Text messaging contact issue

On hold to talk to Samsung now.

I too have both these problems.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Droid Forums

aretoodeetoo

Reaction score
I am noticing a lot of problems since the 4.3 upgrade as well. Security warnings I can't get rid of and also the Gallery (or any photo viewer I've tried so far) screen rotation has stopped altogether. Anyone else noticing these kinds of issues? (unrooted S4) My car charger still works...so I'm not sure if the problem is related to the "upgrade" or not.

UPDATE: as of this morning, car charger no longer working....

Last edited:

PatG

Reaction score
I have found that the car charger is very finicky since the update. Had to play with plugging it into the phone multiple times before it actually started working.

No problem with the phone connector as the home charger works fine.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My car charger is acting up too. I wonder what the problem is.

TInman22

Reaction score
In September, I responded to an ad from Credo Mobile for a free S4. I switched from Verizon (Moto Droid Razr Maxx) to the S4. I rooted it and upgraded to 4.3 at the earliest opportunity.

Problems:
1. After connecting the phone via Bluetooth to my two vehicles, incoming calls resulted in the caller not being able to hear me. With one car, I followed the correct instructions and re-connected the phone. On the first incoming call, the problem appeared to be fixed. However, on the next incoming call, the problem was still there. I found that turning off the car, shutting down the phone, and reconnecting the BT would fix the problem, at least on the first incoming call. However, on subsequent calls, the problem returned. Conclusion: BT connection was unreliable. Response from tech support: No one else was having the problem; unless I could recreate it so tech support could diagnose it, there was nothing they could do.
2. When the BT was working, the volume control function on the car was inoperable. I couldn't change the volume level using the head unit's volume controls (steering wheel or head unit knob).
3. When on wifi, I typically had no wireless coverage. I rarely had 4G coverage, even though I live in the DC Metro area. My provider was Sprint.

Bottom line - I returned the phones (I had two!) and returned to VZW and our Droids. We had none of the problems we had experienced with the S4s. I am resisting the ads by VZW and others to replace my Droids with VZW-provided S4s. SamsClub is offering them for $0.96 cents with a new 2-year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.