Verizon update_SCH-I545_NG6_to_NK1

gtmassive2k

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545
Twitter
gtmassive2k
After getting NG1 on my S4 on Verizon I had problems with Phone audio. Intermittent calls would either have no audio or have it work in one direction. NK1 fixed that for me. Verizon actually wanted me to buy a Galaxy S5 and told me my phone was out of warranty despite paying insurance. I think NG1 was pushed out the door and not properly tested. On the Android 5 front a few sites suggest that Verizon has actually pushed ahead of many providers and began testing\developing the OS on the S5 and S4. Supposed it will be hear between Christmas and middle of Q1 2015.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
Verizon has always seemed to lag behind other providers when it comes to major updates, not sure why unless they just want people to buy a new phone because it already has a more up-to-date os. I for one cant upgrade until Aug 2015 so I'm stuck, but out of all the smartphones I have owned in the last few years my s4 has been the best. Still fast and does what I need it to do. Battery life sucks at times but just means I need to buy a new one. My Rezound was already showing signs of lags, unresponsive at times and battery sucked by this point.

If lollipop makes my phone faster I may not upgrade in Aug and hold it for a phone with awesome specs.