Verizon update_SCH-I545_NG6_to_NK1

Malkavian

Reaction score
Got this update today. Anyone know what it does? I haven't found any information on what it does yet.

Thanks
Michael

bbtkd

Reaction score
Great, while other carriers and other phones are getting 4.4.4 and even 5.0, VZW has sent out two trivial patches to 4.4.2 for the S4. This release seems to fix two things I haven't seen anyone complaining about.

OP
M

Malkavian

Reaction score
I've had the restart issue when I first got the NG6 download. A factory reset fixed it.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad they issued this since several people (myself included) did have problems with the reboots after the NG6 update. Perhaps 4.4.4 and Lollipop are around the bend.

At any rate, has anyone had any issues with NK1? I don't want to leap into another upgrade blindly.

Thank you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wonder if they won't jump over 4.4.4 and go right to lollipop for you folks. It's not as though it's going to be a big difference in the time frame that the two are released if and when they do.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I wonder if they won't jump over 4.4.4 and go right to lollipop for you folks. It's not as though it's going to be a big difference in the time frame that the two are released if and when they do.

Given the very smooth build of 5.0 that's been seen running on the S4, I wouldn't be surprised by that either.

Last edited:

missigsfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I'm so pissed I actually made an account just to post on this thread. So for a while my S4 had been restarting on its own and I had no idea what the issue was. Finally, I realize it's the NG6 update so I reset back to NC5. No problems whatsoever. Today I get a noti saying a new update is downloading so I go to see if they came out with something to fix NG6. I find out NK1 is out and I'm stoked so I install the update figuring it's NK1. NOPE! It's NG6! Verizon straight up tricked me into installing their crappy broken update and now I have to find out if I can manually install NK1.

silverfang77

Reaction score
You have to download all the updates in order. You should be able to install NK1 by going into the updater.

missigsfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
You have to download all the updates in order. You should be able to install NK1 by going into the updater.
That's what I ended up doing. It was weird because the software update menu on my phone said nothing was available.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't even work; kept saying the updater wasn't available at the time. I ended up having to update via Kies.

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
This KN1 is a vast improvement from NG6 for me. My phone would reset and lock up about 15 times a day since about September 15, 2014. With new S/W not one time since the update Tuesday morning.

I am happy phone is better, but mad it took 2 months to fix.