Verizon Trolls T-Mobile by Poking Fun at T-Mo's Failed #NeverSettleforVerizon Campaign

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-trolls-t-mobile-may-2015.png

Verizon's PR department offered up some hilarity today, but this joke requires a bit of setup. First, just a couple of days ago, T-Mobile's outspoken CEO, John Legere, kicked off a new Twitter ad campaign in the hopes of igniting a flame designed to bash Verizon. It was called #NeverSettleforVerizon, but it actually backfired in a spectacular fashion (as some of these "trash the competition" campaigns sometimes do).

Instead of garnering more support from T-Mobile fans, the ad campaign inflamed a much larger swath of Verizon fans who quickly lambasted T-Mobile's attack ads, filling up the Twitter airways with vitriol for T-Mobile's poor sportsmanship and weaker network. The ad campaign was even more of an epic failure because T-Mobile had spent nearly $200,000 USD in order to push the ad campaign to the top of the Twitter rankings.

So, that's the setup. Here's the punch-line... Verizon came out with a hilarious Twitter reply which basically trolls T-Mobile in the harshest possible way. As you can see in the image above, Verizon's response was to share a comparison metaphor in which they liken T-Mobile's network to going outside with only half an umbrella (obviously referencing the fact that Verizon's network covers much more of the nation than T-Mo does). Verizon finished it off with the statement, "Honored to provide you with the coverage you deserve. #NeverSettle for less than the best."

What else can we say here but... "sick-burn!"

Source: Twitter - Verizon

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
The photoshopped t-mobile umbrella actually looks comical

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
T-mobile has to know that when they open their mouths and have an epic fail.. They're going to catch flak about it lol..

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i dont miss verizon at all. switched just over a year ago. T-mobile has better service in my town, verizon uses get biled for roaming in mexico constantly. and i deployed recently, so nice having my data and texting (in almost) every country i will be this deployment.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Always fun to watch companies compete with aggression. I'm switching from verizon to T-Mobile in a few hours. They have great service all around my area. Lte :) can't wait for 700mhz

Edit: oh yeah. Almost forgot. Unlimited data and two lines for $100 bucks. Psh!

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
T-Mobile is terrible in my area. Hope that it works out for you.

OBTW. T-Mobile is not really unlimited. You only get a certain amount of unlimited 4G then it goes down to 128Kb/sec. That is dial up speed. Or you can pay $80/month for truly unlimited data but the catch is you have to be on a T-Mobile network. For example, here are all the towers in Virginia

all towers.PNG

Here are just the T-Mobile towers

t-mobile.PNG

I live where it says Princess Anne. You can see the name very easily because it is not covered up by T-Mobile towers. So, my chances of getting T-Mobile coverage where I live: Slim to none and Slim just left town.

Hope it works out for you. Looking for an update when you get a chance.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Tmobile is truly unlimited. As a whole we are clocking over 70GB over 4 lines a month. Sometimes more sometimes less. Never have we been throttled.

It is unlimited LTE if you have the proper plan.

I've also been using it while traveling around the world. Free.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was on the 1GB plan , with unlimited 2G, and found the 2G to be totally acceptable for emails and such, the only "slow to load" being videos and what not. It was still better than I had with Verizon because it was solid with no drops or stutters. I found Tapatalk to be about the same speed as my dsl connection, totally acceptable because I was already used to waiting a couple of seconds for photos to load.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I will definitely update this thread after 24 hours and after a week or so of use. They're rolling out the 20x20 700mhz band soon in my area. I can't wait.
I got the truly unlimited plan though 80 bucks a month on two lines.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus - 64 GIG (Space Grey) using Tapatalk (lifeisablog.com)