Verizon Trolls T-Mobile by Poking Fun at T-Mo's Failed #NeverSettleforVerizon Campaign

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 15, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Verizon's PR department offered up some hilarity today, but this joke requires a bit of setup. First, just a couple of days ago, T-Mobile's outspoken CEO, John Legere, kicked off a new Twitter ad campaign in the hopes of igniting a flame designed to bash Verizon. It was called #NeverSettleforVerizon, but it actually backfired in a spectacular fashion (as some of these "trash the competition" campaigns sometimes do).

Instead of garnering more support from T-Mobile fans, the ad campaign inflamed a much larger swath of Verizon fans who quickly lambasted T-Mobile's attack ads, filling up the Twitter airways with vitriol for T-Mobile's poor sportsmanship and weaker network. The ad campaign was even more of an epic failure because T-Mobile had spent nearly $200,000 USD in order to push the ad campaign to the top of the Twitter rankings.

So, that's the setup. Here's the punch-line... Verizon came out with a hilarious Twitter reply which basically trolls T-Mobile in the harshest possible way. As you can see in the image above, Verizon's response was to share a comparison metaphor in which they liken T-Mobile's network to going outside with only half an umbrella (obviously referencing the fact that Verizon's network covers much more of the nation than T-Mo does). Verizon finished it off with the statement, "Honored to provide you with the coverage you deserve. #NeverSettle for less than the best."

What else can we say here but... "sick-burn!"

Source: Twitter - Verizon

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,391
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Say what you will about Verizon, that's funny. I liked T-mobile's service and plans, but not the coverage when I had them. Good to see the outspoken company get poked back by a competitor.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Powarun

Powarun Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    The photoshopped t-mobile umbrella actually looks comical

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    T-mobile has to know that when they open their mouths and have an epic fail.. They're going to catch flak about it lol..

• Like Like x 1
  5. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    i dont miss verizon at all. switched just over a year ago. T-mobile has better service in my town, verizon uses get biled for roaming in mexico constantly. and i deployed recently, so nice having my data and texting (in almost) every country i will be this deployment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +115
    I love all the corporate bad mouthing, I love my unlimited LTE more :).

• Like Like x 1
  7. eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton Banned

Ratings:
    +64
    Twitter:
    eddiekeyton
    Always fun to watch companies compete with aggression. I'm switching from verizon to T-Mobile in a few hours. They have great service all around my area. Lte :) can't wait for 700mhz

Edit: oh yeah. Almost forgot. Unlimited data and two lines for $100 bucks. Psh!

8. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +488
    T-Mobile is terrible in my area. Hope that it works out for you.

OBTW. T-Mobile is not really unlimited. You only get a certain amount of unlimited 4G then it goes down to 128Kb/sec. That is dial up speed. Or you can pay $80/month for truly unlimited data but the catch is you have to be on a T-Mobile network. For example, here are all the towers in Virginia

all towers.PNG

Here are just the T-Mobile towers

t-mobile.PNG

I live where it says Princess Anne. You can see the name very easily because it is not covered up by T-Mobile towers. So, my chances of getting T-Mobile coverage where I live: Slim to none and Slim just left town.

Hope it works out for you. Looking for an update when you get a chance.

#8 Mike.757, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Tmobile is truly unlimited. As a whole we are clocking over 70GB over 4 lines a month. Sometimes more sometimes less. Never have we been throttled.

It is unlimited LTE if you have the proper plan.

I've also been using it while traveling around the world. Free.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,348
    I was on the 1GB plan , with unlimited 2G, and found the 2G to be totally acceptable for emails and such, the only "slow to load" being videos and what not. It was still better than I had with Verizon because it was solid with no drops or stutters. I found Tapatalk to be about the same speed as my dsl connection, totally acceptable because I was already used to waiting a couple of seconds for photos to load.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

• Like Like x 1
  11. eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton Banned

Ratings:
    +64
    Twitter:
    eddiekeyton
    I will definitely update this thread after 24 hours and after a week or so of use. They're rolling out the 20x20 700mhz band soon in my area. I can't wait.
    I got the truly unlimited plan though 80 bucks a month on two lines.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus - 64 GIG (Space Grey) using Tapatalk (lifeisablog.com)