T-Mobile's John Legere Trolls Verizon's New Logo

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That is very debatable. VZW competes mostly with themselves. Much of what people claim is a response to TMo on various fronts is related to VZW wanting to get out of the subsidy business, something they expressed long before people thought TMo would still be operating.

And a lot of the other family share stuff is VZW responding to maximize revenues in a market where more people have devices, and multiple devices. VZW has offered very little in incentives and plans to single users with one device.

Big Red is and has been content to let TMo take the lower margin customers. They compete with TMo about as much as Mercedes competes with Chevy.

Didn't verizon launch a campaign to get their customers back who went to Tmobile? They are very much paying attention to them.

They also raised their Gigabytes per dollar in defense of Tmobile as well.

Tmo might only be the third largest now, but AT&T and Verizon can't rest on their laurels. Tmobile is getting stronger at their expense everyday.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I wouldn't call T-Mo customers bottom feeders.....they're simply customers looking to save a buck and get the most for their money....I can appreciate that. John certainly tries to capitalize on this market but really, it's more laughable than anything because all he ever does take cheap shots at AT&T & Verizon every chance he gets. But hey, if that's all you have to work with, more power to ya.
Those of us who are happy with Verizon certainly don't think T-Mo has a leg to stand on in terms of making any type of significant impact on Verizon as a whole, whether it's coverage or customer service.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I wouldn't call T-Mo customers bottom feeders.....they're simply customers looking to save a buck and get the most for their money....I can appreciate that. John certainly tries to capitalize on this market but really, it's more laughable than anything because all he ever does take cheap shots at AT&T & Verizon every chance he gets. But hey, if that's all you have to work with, more power to ya.
Those of us who are happy with Verizon certainly don't think T-Mo has a leg to stand on in terms of making any type of significant impact on Verizon as a whole, whether it's coverage or customer service.

I agree. I am willing to bet money that everyone on Verizon would jump ship to Tmobile if Tmobile had the same network coverage.

Caesars

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't call tmobile customers bottom feeders :(. For any customer that has good tmobile coverage, it's literally the obvious choice.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I definitely wouldn't call tmobile customers bottom feeders :(. For any customer that has good tmobile coverage, it's literally the obvious choice.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It works great for me. I didn't come over from Verizon though. I came over from AT&T. They had awesome coverage and great customer service, but it came down to money. Tmobile works just as well, but saves me over $100 a month.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
TMO has good service in town but in the country, not so much. I'm a trail runner and I need connectivity for 911, just in case.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I got tired of Verizon's ways. Got tired of their locked down phones. I had them for over 15 years and switched over to T-Mobile last year and have been really happy with the coverage and customer service.

I guess it helps that I'm in the Bay Area / Silicon Valley. And I use WiFi calling/texting whenever necessary.

I guess I'm lucky T-mobile has good coverage where I live and travel. Switched from Verizon two years ago and it's been amazing ever since. :p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Loved having them in Kansas. If I had service here & better service on the drive between here & Kansas, I'd jump on it. Or project fi, but I feel like I've said that enough lately.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
I left vzw for T-Mobile last month. The kids and I got new phones, more data per line and free music streaming for less money. We're happy.I was with vzw for 11yrs, maybe if enough people leave they will change some of their policies and lower their prices, cause their gig to dollar ratio is too high.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree with DGStorm. TM has absolutely shaken the industry and every carrier has responded. Yes, VZW changes something to compete with ATT.... who changed something to compete with TM. So indirectly TM had an impact on VZW. Period. No 2 ways about it.

And who called TM customers bottom feeders? Wow. Rude. I'd switch in a heartbeat if work didn't pay my bill. HEART BEAT.
I want acces to other phones. I'd own a Zenfone 2 if I could.
If only it wasn't for that same old same old caveat I hear just about every time I hear about a cool new phone.
*NOT FOR VERIZON, SORRY CHUMP

VZW doesn't have the best network in NE Ohio by a LONG shot. They couldn't possibly. It's sad how many places in this urban jungle I lose 4G and sometimes even 3G....

I despise VZW and it has zero to do with customer service.

Caesars

Reaction score
Totally agree with DGStorm. TM has absolutely shaken the industry and every carrier has responded. Yes, VZW changes something to compete with ATT.... who changed something to compete with TM. So indirectly TM had an impact on VZW. Period. No 2 ways about it.

And who called TM customers bottom feeders? Wow. Rude. I'd switch in a heartbeat if work didn't pay my bill. HEART BEAT.
I want acces to other phones. I'd own a Zenfone 2 if I could.
If only it wasn't for that same old same old caveat I hear just about every time I hear about a cool new phone.
*NOT FOR VERIZON, SORRY CHUMP

VZW doesn't have the best network in NE Ohio by a LONG shot. They couldn't possibly. It's sad how many places in this urban jungle I lose 4G and sometimes even 3G....

I despise VZW and it has zero to do with customer service.
I have TMobile and live in NE Ohio, obviously I can't comment on every single area.

But T-Mobile is amazing where I go, especially with my g4 and note 5.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
As a VZ customer in an area where they basically have a monopoly, I absolutely hate Verizon, but John Legere seems like a child in an adult's body, and if anything, all his announcements/tweets have completely deterred me from ever considering switching to T-Mo if I were to move.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had a woman come in and switch from Vzw to Tmo simply because Vzw supports Planned Parenthood. That was interesting.

Sent from my Verizon G4