Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Apparently there are t-mobile customers who're using 2TB of data a month. And T-mo isn't happy about it.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/31/9230595/t-mobile-unlimited-data-tethering-warning

I just saw this not too long ago jump up on my feed. I can't fathom using data like that, but I'm pretty sure there are some extreme circumstances. Those individuals are limiting other uses of th network but does that mean they are just going to kick them off the network or just throttle them heavily?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Apparently there are t-mobile customers who're using 2TB of data a month. And T-mo isn't happy about it.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/31/9230595/t-mobile-unlimited-data-tethering-warning

I laughed when I saw that. I thought they throttled over 5GB, anyway, but maybe not. No idea what TMo terms of service are, but clearly those people are tethering multiple devices, and probably for multiple people.

VZW was always aware of the potential for people to use unlimited tether as a home broadband replacement. Hardly a shock that people flocked to TMo to do exactly that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just saw this not too long ago jump up on my feed. I can't fathom using data like that, but I'm pretty sure there are some extreme circumstances. Those individuals are limiting other uses of th network but does that mean they are just going to kick them off the network or just throttle them heavily?
According to that article, they'll get a warning, but then be banned if they keep it up.

rebelmuddlite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia z3v
The most ive ever used was close to 750gb. I didnt find it hard to do that either. It's been quite a while but i do believe it was within a 2-3 week period, not tje whole cycle. It was quite simple. App: aDownloader, Site: thepiratebay. I was downloading HD movies and 3D movies and hd tv shows. aDownloader does a decent job at queueing the downloads and i had 3 128gb microsd and would then copy them over to my external hdd using my computer to play in my tv. You have me curious now as to how much i could actually use in a cycle.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I didn't realize they upped the free tethering from 5GBs to 7GBs. Sweet.

I've used 12GBs once while transferring files to our company's servers, but my average usage is around 2GBs.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Highest i've gone was around 14gb, no video streaming from youtube or other video outlets. Didnt download such files as well. It was mostly from forums and other social media. I didnt know how I got to that.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

They did via "illegal" tethering "which can be done", they are allowed to used up to 7 GB a month "more than enough, but not for these guys"" for tethering with their unlimited smartphone MOBILE data plan, these guys are using their Mobile plan for home and business Internet, which is NOT what T-Mobile sold them, same with any other Mobile carrier. It's like going out for a buffet, entering the restaurant eating as much as you can eat, then going in the back of the restaurant emptying their freezer, storage, and cleaning out all the trays in the front and taking all the food home.