Verizon Offering The Thunderbolt To Their MVP's For $99

Cor3yS

Reaction score
I got email and txt its $150 but Im not in a 4g area so is it worth it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Conechaser

Reaction score
I think it matters how long you've been a customer/what plan you have. My email gives me a loyalty discount of $30 off to make the phone $169.99, after the $50 off as well for the private sale, for me.

Conechaser

Reaction score
Forgot to add that I'm also out of contract and eligible for an upgrade now as well.

Droid592

Reaction score
Got this flyer in the mail today but check this out it doesnt make sense to me.

I already can get the TB on any of the 3 lines that have upgrades for $199.99 due to my work discount, but receiving this should give me a additional $50.00 off meaning it should drop to $149.99 but for some reason it still shows $199.99.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Forgot to add that I'm also out of contract and eligible for an upgrade now as well.

I've got an upgrade available on one of my lines, yes. I too have an extra $50 off but the thing is, that I've been with Verizon for more than 10 years, I got FIOS when it came available here and I'm into them for a boatload of cash each month... two droids (me and my wife) and two text-message crazy kids.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Got this flyer in the mail today but check this out it doesnt make sense to me.

I already can get the TB on any of the 3 lines that have upgrades for $199.99 due to my work discount, but receiving this should give me a additional $50.00 off meaning it should drop to $149.99 but for some reason it still shows $199.99.

My guess is that, like me, they sent u something in the mail about the private sale saying "here's $50 bucks off" but my guess is that the little coupon is just the $50 bucks off on the add... in other words *meaningless*... you'd get it anyway.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the Droid Forums respect is #1. WE don't tolerate members telling them what they did was stupid. Keep it civil and I'll reopen the thread. I will warn the next person that insults another member that they will get a 30 day vacation from the Forum.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Who called who stupid....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Murker

Reaction score
Uhh, Hook, I think they meant the mailed ad was stupid, due to it not actually being any kind of discount.

Which in fact, it is. I got the flyer and receive absolutely zero discount from it. So it was a complete waste of paper.

The tree's are angry.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the $99 that Droid-Life was saying went out to MVP's was a hoax. Nobody has confirmed in this thread that they also got the $99 deal, nor is there such thing as "MVP members" anymore. Also, I concur nobody was calling someone stupid. I've been watching and reading this thread since it started but saw no disrespect to others.

What I'm curious, did someone actually receive the $99 offer? If not, this thread should die off soon.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think the $99 that Droid-Life was saying went out to MVP's was a hoax. Nobody has confirmed in this thread that they also got the $99 deal, nor is there such thing as "MVP members" anymore. Also, I concur nobody was calling someone stupid. I've been watching and reading this thread since it started but saw no disrespect to others.

What I'm curious, did someone actually receive the $99 offer? If not, this thread should die off soon.

I actually confirmed that I received a text about being eligible for a $99 Thunderbolt on the first page of this thread:

I received a text about this on Saturday. Not interested in the Thunderbolt at this point though.

It said nothing about being a MVP customer though. And it was a text from Verizon, not an email.