Verizon Offering The Thunderbolt To Their MVP's For $99

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The Thunderbolt is speed in the palm of your hand, running on Verizon’s new LTE network, and that speed is going fast off the shell at $99. If you’re on Verizon Wirelesses MVP list, you get the chance to buy this new 4G device on sale for that previously mention price, and this chance is good through June 12th. This flier was sent to Droid-life with the email tag line as “your loyalty is about to pay off,” meaning, if Verizon thinks you’re one of their appreciated costumers, you are either aware of this offer or will be getting the text/email soon.

I have the Thunderbolt with me for review, and it is one heck of a device. The speed Verizon put behind this phone and their other upcoming 4G devices is amazing, me being a T-Mobile "4G" costumer, I can't believe they were able to put to shame the 4MB/sec my phone is pushing or even the 14MB my Comcast internet is pushing on such short notice. Nevertheless I am not an MVP costumer with Verizon, but if I was, I would certainly be on my way to a new fast phone.

Via: Verizon Private Sale for $99 Thunderbolt Lasts Through June 12 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

smalltank

Reaction score
honestly..is it worth getting a TB?...still HTC n VZW working on multiple issue fixes..no word when patches will be sent...*tick tock*

Murker

Reaction score
Interesting, considering I have that exact flyer and nowhere on it does it show this "Loyalty Discount" of $100 off.

I smell a spoof.

serum153

Reaction score
I received that e-mail, but mine does not have a loyalty discount of $100. Mine says private sale -50 and price of phone 199. When i go to buy it on verizon I get another $50 off for my upgrade I assume? I would buy it for the 99 as my og droid is ready for retirement.

y0manda

Reaction score
honestly..is it worth getting a TB?...still HTC n VZW working on multiple issue fixes..no word when patches will be sent...*tick tock*

What fixes? My TB runs perfect and hasn't been rebooted since latest ota update. Stock battery with moderate use lasts me from morning till i hit the sack.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Should I be offended that I'm not a "valued customer" eventhough I'm on sort of a min plan....for 10+ years? Heck, for those first 8 I think I only even had 2 or 3 phones.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I received a text about this on Saturday. Not interested in the Thunderbolt at this point though.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Interesting, considering I have that exact flyer and nowhere on it does it show this "Loyalty Discount" of $100 off.

I smell a spoof.

Are you a MVP customer?

BLAZETIGER

Reaction score

No complaints about the Thunderbolt here. Got this phone under a 1 year since I wasn't sure what other phones are on the way. Works flawlessly, no rebooting issues, and after some tweaks the battery lasts me @ 14 hrs with mod usage (mostly texting and web usage). So far exceeded my expectations after reading so many negative reviews.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

etx_droid

Reaction score
I just received the email today, but it was only for $199.99. I did go through the checkout process and they did give me an additional $50 dollars off for a total of $149.99. Tempting...

jayman350

Reaction score
I got the loyalty email, and like many of you it has the special price listed as $199. I would have jumped on this for $99 but not for $199.

So many new devices floating around out there, I may just have to wait until my official upgrade period in August to see what is available then...of course it will probably be right after they changed to tiered data plans.

I'm also considering Sprint as my next carrier, I'm getting sick of VZW playing games.

loki993

Reaction score
I havent resieved anything as of yet. Last I checked I was an MVP, ot I thought I was, at least when that program was going.