Verizon May Soon Disconnect Unlimited Data Users Who Consume “Extraordinary" Data Amounts [Rumor]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-execs-backroom-deal.jpeg

We are filing this in the rumor category because the source has no corroboration, but it's definitely worth sharing if true. Supposedly, Verizon is planning to completely disconnect (read "dump") any of their Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan users who consume "an extraordinary amount of data." The intel suggests they will kick this policy into gear August 31st. Supposedly they plan to notify these unnamed and unspecified users sometime tomorrow.

Obviously, "an extraordinary amount of data," is a pretty vague statement, so who knows what the cap will be. Ultimately, it could force quite a few users into one of Verizon's newer plans, or push them off the network altogether. Thanks to @bkdodger for the scoop.

You can discuss it in his thread here: Verizon Unlimited

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Can we close this thread? We already have one from BK and then the other one from DMX.

Soot

Reaction score
Verizon has gotten to be to big of a company by over charging and bullying its customers. As large as they are and owning many politicians they will be able to run ruff shod over the customers they have chosen this month. It seems every month they are increasing their prices for something. I vote with my pocket book and have been looking at other wireless companies for sometime I think this will probably kick me over the edge. Unlimited customers haven't been given what we've paid for! I to have been a looooong time Verizon customer.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Verizon has gotten to be to big of a company by over charging and bullying its customers. As large as they are and owning many politicians they will be able to run ruff shod over the customers they have chosen this month. It seems every month they are increasing their prices for something. I vote with my pocket book and have been looking at other wireless companies for sometime I think this will probably kick me over the edge. Unlimited customers haven't been given what we've paid for! I to have been a looooong time Verizon customer.
keep in mind this only affects people going over 100 gigs a month.;

Status
Not open for further replies.