Extraordinary Data User

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Ran across this today:

On an unrelated note, a source told us that Verizon has announced internally that an unlimited data user who uses an “extraordinary” amount of data is someone who uses 200GB of data per month. We previously did not know the number."

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow, that's a lot of data.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That seems like something you need to work to reach instead of casually getting there. I don't have enough time in a month to use that much data.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This is actually old news. The latest story I was able to find was from last July when Verizon announced that high data users (100gig & higher) would be contacted, and if they didn't switch to one of their "high data plans" by August 31st, they would be booted. I have yet to be notified. But then I must be right on the cusp.
I use my smartphone as an actual smartphone and not just a texting or social media device. What's the point in having a smartphone really if that's all you use it for? I also refuse to use public or personal WiFi, but that's just me. We all use our devices differently, and there's nothing wrong with that.
They only people who get bothered over this topic are those who jumped ship early only to find out Verizon was "just playin".
I know a number of UDP users who average between 1-300gb month & haven't been contacted.
Perhaps Verizon it's still focusing on super high users? Who knows. All I know is Verizon has been talking about this since 2011 when we were still on 3G, and I have yet to hear of a single person over the years, on a legitimate UDP, who got booted for using "too much" data. But hey, it is what it is..... their psy ops plan certainly scared millions of legitimate users off UDPs since it began, which in turn put millions more in their pockets. Well played Verizon, well played! LOL

S7 Edge tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Another rehash of the dreaded UDP users who are crashing Verizon's network.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk