Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I agree, from my POV, I think I might want something a little better than the Bionic, don't get me wrong, the Bionic seems like a great device...just not quite as good as the Optimus 2x or even more so..the Atrix. It does seem that positioning the Bionic like this will turn it in to another Droid Eris....I want the next X caliber device..Thin but with all the benefits of these latest devices.. FFC, same QHD level display Dual Core HDMI and 1930mAh battery!

Is this too much to ask for?

How is the Atrix Better then the Droid? Because it has a Docking Station to A notebook? Please do not say the 1G Ram? 5mp Camera? What is it that make it Better? AT&T lol Please?

rybnik

Reaction score
I agree, from my POV, I think I might want something a little better than the Bionic, don't get me wrong, the Bionic seems like a great device...just not quite as good as the Optimus 2x or even more so..the Atrix. It does seem that positioning the Bionic like this will turn it in to another Droid Eris....I want the next X caliber device..Thin but with all the benefits of these latest devices.. FFC, same QHD level display Dual Core HDMI and 1930mAh battery!

How is the Atrix Better then the Droid? Because it has a Docking Station to A notebook? Please do not say the 1G Ram? 5mp Camera? What is it that make it Better? AT&T lol Please?

Yeah, actually. That docking feature is quite a big deal..it is really not that far fetched to say that you could replace a low-medium power netbook with your cell phone..I think that is a fairly powerful idea....Also, as someone else pointed out, the number of megapixels a camera has is kind of moot when we are in the 5-8 range already...Other factors take over in importance like lens quality, for instance...This is less important but also the fact that the phone is slightly smaller but utilizes the same screen resolution means that the picture quality will appear slightly cleaner on the Atrix as well.

Really the only thing I don't like about the Atrix is that it is on AT&T and really we all know why. Verizon gave up the opportunity to have all the best Android phones so they could have a piece of the fruit. That was the price they paid. The Bionic is a bit of a consolation prize...but don't kid yourself, it is second best..Just look at all the CES best of cell phone awards, it is pretty much agreed that the Atrix takes the cake.

Last edited:

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Verizon 4G LTE Phone Release Dates?

The most popular question seen on Twitter is easily, “When is [insert 4G device] coming out?”

• HTC Thunderbolt – End of February, early March
  • Samsung SCH-i510 – March
  • LG Revolution – March, early April
  • DROID BIONIC – Early Summer, June
Now, this is speculation at this time. We’re just going with every little detail that’s been dropped at our doorstep and are then attempting to piece the story together. All I can say is, can these get here fast enough? Anyone else bored with all of the current devices?

by Kellex

Source

Well Verizon said early Q2 for the Droid Bionic. The second quarter is April to June, so early Q2 would most likely be April.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
Verizon 4G LTE Phone Release Dates?

The most popular question seen on Twitter is easily, “When is [insert 4G device] coming out?”

• HTC Thunderbolt – End of February, early March
  • Samsung SCH-i510 – March
  • LG Revolution – March, early April
  • DROID BIONIC – Early Summer, June
Now, this is speculation at this time. We’re just going with every little detail that’s been dropped at our doorstep and are then attempting to piece the story together. All I can say is, can these get here fast enough? Anyone else bored with all of the current devices?

by Kellex

Source

Well Verizon said early Q2 for the Droid Bionic. The second quarter is April to June, so early Q2 would most likely be April.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'd say verizon is going to give it at least a month or more after their big release feb 10th. so i would say end of march we should start seeing 4g phones.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd say verizon is going to give it at least a month or more after their big release feb 10th. so i would say end of march we should start seeing 4g phones.

Maybe....Depends on when their LTE handset service truly is ready to launch. Obviously data is up and running but heard voice could be a while, although voice will go over 3G no big deal.

But VZW won't wait any longer than they have to for LTE handsets. They need and want to show ROI to investors. Really, after 2 weeks the big crush for IPhone sales will be over. They've got a week for existing customers and then that gives them a week for external. Plus, a lot of that will be done by Apple through its own stores. Only thing is number porting which shouldn't affect LTE all that much, at least initially.

I'll bet the Thunderbolt is out no later than the 1st week in March. The way I see it, they have 5 devices, plus the IP5 (presumably), so that's 6 phones to launch over 5-6 months, so that would imply about 4 weeks between each device. VZW is really not in the business of selling phones, and the only reason they'd delay launches is strictly because of operational challenges and maybe if the mfrs each want to be showcased for a bit, although I'd think a mfr would want their phone on sale as soon as it's ready to ship.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I agree. How is the Atrix better than the Bionic again? I understand that one has 1GB RAM while the other only has 512MB, but we now know this is likely because of the docking capability, which I don't understand why that's such a big deal to everyone. The Bionic ties or beats the Atrix in most other specs and being on Verizon instead of ATT alone is worth its weight in gold. The Bionic also has modified MotoBlur while the Atrix has regular, and the Bionic has a bigger screen and better camera. Why do you need to dock your phone to your computer (besides getting to use a full-size physical keyboard)? I thought we wanted a powerful handheld device so we didn't have to carry around a laptop. Or else we would use the power of the laptop instead of the phone when we could. Can someone please explain what makes the docking feature of the Atrix so cool? I bet most people would never even use it.

bug_monster

Reaction score

Maybe....Depends on when their LTE handset service truly is ready to launch. Obviously data is up and running but heard voice could be a while, although voice will go over 3G no big deal.

But VZW won't wait any longer than they have to for LTE handsets. They need and want to show ROI to investors. Really, after 2 weeks the big crush for IPhone sales will be over. They've got a week for existing customers and then that gives them a week for external. Plus, a lot of that will be done by Apple through its own stores. Only thing is number porting which shouldn't affect LTE all that much, at least initially.

I'll bet the Thunderbolt is out no later than the 1st week in March. The way I see it, they have 5 devices, plus the IP5 (presumably), so that's 6 phones to launch over 5-6 months, so that would imply about 4 weeks between each device. VZW is really not in the business of selling phones, and the only reason they'd delay launches is strictly because of operational challenges and maybe if the mfrs each want to be showcased for a bit, although I'd think a mfr would want their phone on sale as soon as it's ready to ship.

I know we all hate the contract changes VZW is making, like no more NE2. But limiting the return policy to 14 days (down from 30 days) helps them release phones quicker. I think one of the main reasons for spacing phones 6+ weeks apart was to prevent early buyers from using the return policy for one cheap upgrade on Verizon's dime. Now they can release phones every 4 weeks (or less) without worrying about that.