Verizon is trolling on me

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by welsalex, Jul 10, 2012.

1. welsalex

welsalex Member

Ratings:
    +11
    The "upgrade your plan" to the shared data emails have begun. Ugh.

2. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    They can send me as many as they want-I will never give in to that crap

3. welsalex

welsalex Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Agreed. I don't have unlimited (due to having a feature phone up until last oct) but my girl on my account does. And let me tell you, her on foxfi really comes in handy! But my point is the trolling has begun. Sad to think how many non-techies will give into it without question!

4. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Ya. But they're the ones whom data really doesn't matter to them much anyways. Still, it was lame for big red to completely eliminate the option for those of us that do need it

5. Tums

Tums New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I am on the same boat. I didn't upgrade to smartphone until this year and by then it was too late to keep unlimited data so I'm on a tiered Data plan which is fine for me because I have more than enough data to do what I want with my phone (which I love btw don't know what took me so long to go smartphone lol) so I am locked in my current plan for at least 18 more months so it's not a worry for me right now but when that time comes I am going to have to think about whether to stay or leave. Honestly I've never had any issues with Big Red and would love to stay but their new Share everything plans or what ever they are call are a crime mostly because you have to pay an arm and a leg for data. If I have the money I will put down for an unsubsidized phone when the time comes in order to keep my current plan but I still think its B.S. especially for all of you who have unlimited minutes because lets not get it twisted that's what these plans are here to do get people off the unlimited data. I have a friend who has unlimited data who is pretty much willing to give it up to get a new phone at a discounted rate, Im trying my hardest to get it through his head that he might want to pick up that phone on ebay for a cheaper price and not risk his unlimited data. Anyways Big Red can send all the emails they want but they'll go in one hear and out the other. I am happy with my plan at the moment I don't feel like getting bamboozled in the future with these new plans.

6. welsalex

welsalex Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Once again it's capitalization on the market. It may seem that Verizon is screwing us but really we are paying a premium to have access to a superior network. Okay it (verizon) is not perfect but who is?? Verizons network has problems but so does att, sprint, and tmobile etc. Verizon is like the Ferrari of cell networks.... it costs a lot yet it offers the best performance superceeding everyone.

Aol was the first to offer unlimited data back in the 90s. It was revolutionary. Now, just like the start of Aol "pay by the hour" we as a society are in need of gigabytes, not megabytes or even (as back then) kilobytes... it is evolving. Derive some humor from " Long Term Evolution, LTE". In as little as ten years we will be back on unlimited data again.... with streaming video (netflix hulu etc) and cloud storage.. local data will eventually be a thing of the past completely. Then it will evolve again.. gigabytes will be considered like megabytes were in the 90s.

So tiered data now, unlimited again withing a decade... then after tiered again until terabytes are normal usage a month.

It's all about the providers keeping up with network demand. It costs a f-ton of money to upgrade and evolve the networks to support the increase in data throughput. The money has to come from somewhere.... so we pay the next few years so they can profit enough to be motivated to continue network improvement and expansion... they do that and we as consumers get topnotch tech and access to all the goodies we desire.

Capitalism. Money makes the world go round. It's a harsh reality but a truthful one. Embrace it or die trying lol

7. bufordtpisser

bufordtpisser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question, I have four phones on my plan. Can't I just get a phone on one of my other upgrades and switch the SIM into whatever other phone I get.

8. brianjr1

brianjr1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You WILL be able to keep your current tiered data plan assuming you don't add any lines to your plan when you upgrade. All plans stay as is unless you have above 2gb a month - at that point if you upgrade with a subsidy on ANY line on your account it's knocked down to a 2gb plan for all lines.

Hope that cleared it up a bit. The plans are a rip off but if you're able to survive with 2gb a month and already have data it won't be an issue.

9. brianjr1

brianjr1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See my previous post.

10. floyd

floyd Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Son, learn to use line break every now and then. Trying to read your giant block of tiny text post is not worth the effort.

And you and your little friends better get off my lawn or I release the hound.

11. Covington

Covington Member

Ratings:
    +2
    "Upgrade"...gets me every time.
    :clap:

12. sharkattack99

sharkattack99 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +148
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    well they haven't sent any emails to me yet but they will go right into the deleted emails, cause i like my plan and unlimited data as it, but i was wondering after your contract is up they can't force you or automatically switch you over to there new plans can they since your not in a contract anymore? i hope not