Verizon honored 50% off my purchase of the Extended Battery with cover

Josecq

Reaction score
dancedroid

I contacted Verizon customer service and complained to them about the battery situation. I explained to them that in order to be able to enjoy the Thunderbolt fully to its capabilities, I would have to make extra expenses for battery and chargers et.

I requested a Complementary battery but instead, they decided to give me 50% off the extended battery with the cover since I have been a customer for several years.

needless to say, I paid $26.92 with Taxes and fully enjoying My Thunderbeast with one full charge and heavy use.

Orignal Email Discussion:

Dear Jose Q,
Verizon Wireless appreciates all your questions and concerns. My name is Waye, and I am sorry to hear that your battery does not hold a charge. I will be happy to assist you with the option to purchase an extended battery and cover for the HTC Thunderbolt.
I attempted to contact you by phone and assist with your request, however I was unable to reach you. I regret to inform you that we are unable to honor a free extended battery and cover, however I am willing to offer a 50% credit off the extended battery and cover purchase amount of 49.99, this will allow you to purchase the battery and cover for $24.99.
To accept the offer provided above, please dial 800-922-0204 from a landline phone, and a representative from our Customer Service Department will be happy to assist you.
You qualify for up to 12 Friends and Family contacts, and only 6 numbers are listed on your calling list. You may add an additional 6 numbers to your Friends and Family calling.
I am glad that I was able to assist you with the option to purchase an extended battery and cover. It was my pleasure to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.
Sincerely,
Waye
Verizon Wireless
If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

gatewayad

Reaction score
They sent me one at n/c but told me i had to send my old battery back, this thing is a brick with the extended battery

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending me an extended battery at 50% off as well. Definitely worth it with the discount.

Blundered from my Dunderbolt

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with VZW. The Care rep said he was not aware of any battery issues with the TB - even after reading his notes about technical issues. I said ok, thanks, can you transfer me to tech support. I talked to a really nice guy who knew all about the battery issues and he told me that 4 hours of battery life is about what he's been hearing also from people. He looked at my account and did extend the 50% off for extended battery and back, however, he tried to order and they are currently out of stock. He said he was going to do a follow up and see if the order can process in a couple of days and has notes on the account to extend the 50% off offer to me once they're available again.

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
VZW has the extended battery back in stock, so try for your 50% off if you want.

kam13

Reaction score
I called vzw customer support tonight and their fedexing me an extended battery for free. Should be here by friday :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

RFrisch

Reaction score
I just bought my TB today, and called and asked for the 50 percent discount, and was denied...i'll have to try again, I guess...:icon_evil:

kam13

Reaction score
Is this only something they'd do for you old customers? I just switched to Verizon when I bought my TB last week.

No i got my contract less than 2 weeks ago. I was just polite, and told them i didnt wanna buy a $50 battery for a $250 phone and their givin it to me for free

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
I got tech support to offer me 50% off the battery, and waited for fedex and nothing came. Call back and they tell me they have no record of the order, so they place it again. No email or tracking, so i call back. They can't find the order, so they place it again. Again no email or tracking, so i'm on the phone with them now. Apparently it has to go through supervisor approval and they just keep canceling it because of the discount without any attempt to contact the original person who authorized it or even telling me it's not being sent.

Now they're telling me i can have it for my 25% employee discount with 2 day shipping instead of overnight. I've asked 6x to talk to a supervisor and she keeps coming back on the line offering something else.

update: So after the 7th time of asking for a supervisor she informed me that her offers are "now off the table" lol

Last edited:

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I got tech support to offer me 50% off the battery, and waited for fedex and nothing came. Call back and they tell me they have no record of the order, so they place it again. No email or tracking, so i call back. They can't find the order, so they place it again. Again no email or tracking, so i'm on the phone with them now. Apparently it has to go through supervisor approval and they just keep canceling it because of the discount without any attempt to contact the original person who authorized it or even telling me it's not being sent.

Now they're telling me i can have it for my 25% employee discount with 2 day shipping instead of overnight. I've asked 6x to talk to a supervisor and she keeps coming back on the line offering something else.

update: So after the 7th time of asking for a supervisor she informed me that her offers are "now off the table" lol

I'm having the EXACT same thing happen. I'm being very persistent...I will get my extended battery for 18 dollars with free overnight shipping as i was promised!!! The supervisor is supposed to be going back and listening to the conversation to hear them offer the discount...we'll see what happens. The phone should just come with the extended battery. I can do without it, but it would be nice if i didn't have to charge it during the day...

It's the principle now that it was promised at 18 dollars...

Edit:
I just kept calling back and finally someone offered me the same thing and this time i made sure I had an order number.

Last edited:

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
I had 2 order numbers, each one i was told wasn't put through because a supervisor rejected the discounts i was being given. So i finally got one on the phone and explained that 2 day shipping was not an option, and the girl wasted so much time it was no after the deadline to get the package the next day. She said i could buy one from a VZW store and they would credit my account for the difference in price. Next day....2 fedex packages arrive, with 2 new extended batteries, WITH the fully discounted prices i was told were rejected. They are completely clueless over there...

Droid Eye

Reaction score
When I went to the VZ store today to get the TB, the cs rep actually told me about the battery issues. Very helpful gentleman, even though I already knew about the batt. issues. He then offered me the 50% off the extended battery right there at the store and even let me feel how the phone felt with it on before I made a decision. I decided to be safe and go for it. I actually like the way it feels in my hand with the extended battery.