1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rezound Battery in Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by JRParsons, Nov 19, 2011.

1. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

Thought I'd throw this out there. Currently the Rezound Battery is 50% off at Verizon, it fits in the Thunderbolt with the stock battery cover, not exactly sure about the exact increase in power, but I think it's about 25% more. This may be enough for many to avoid the bulk of the extended battery and maybe just make it through a day, and retain the ability to use the car dock. I'm using it right now, unplugged 3 hours ago and still have 90% left. (Light Use)
    I know I saw this info on here somewhere, but just did a quick search, and didn't come up with it.
    With this battery, I like my tbolt a little more.
  2. badmeat

badmeat New Member

1620mah over the 1400mah stock battery
  3. sportadic22

sportadic22 New Member

might as well post this in thunderbolt section. ya i recently got the rezound battery for my thunderbolt. when using the rezound batter i never get 4g... 50/50 3g and 1x... but when i put orig battery in i get 4g. sizes of battery is like almoost exact yett ..does something to battery door
  4. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

I've been using it for a week or so, and no data issues. Was in a 4G area all day the other day, had a solid 4 bars and real good speed, but it drained the Rezound battery within 6 hours (moderate use) which I guess is better than 5.5 I was getting before.
  5. badmeat

badmeat New Member

I got 14 hours on it Saturday with light/moderate use
  6. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Over 36 hours with light use, mostly on wifi. The battery is a win.
  7. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

Okay stupid question... Just got my Rezound battery and put it in my Tbolt and charged it. Is there anyyhing I need to do with my phone now that it has bigger battery (change any settings)?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums
  8. BoltGnut

BoltGnut New Member

I've had my Rezound battery for a week now and my only complaint is VZW tried to charge me $40 instead of the $20 that the online store said I.paid. I need to watch my next bill for a $20 credit.
  9. Dolfan

Dolfan New Member

I have had my Rezound battery also for about a week, way better life with this battery, depending on use, Im getting 4 to 5 or more hours over the standard battery...real happy so far..

Bob
  10. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

Mine was doing great at first but now it seems to be dying faster than it was. :-(

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums
  11. clarc31

clarc31 New Member

16 hours on the rezound battery, kept wifi off to try to drain it faster, pretty happy so far

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  12. Nyobie

Nyobie New Member

Nope, I have two different battery sizes and just swap them whenever I need to.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
  13. Dolfan

Dolfan New Member

Hey I was just wondering, does HTC or anybody make a charger for just the battery...like ya take the battery out of the Thunderbolt and drop it in the battery only charger..?

Bob
  14. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

Verizon sells them. I have a couple, they hold 1 battery and utilize the charger that came with the phone. I think they were around $10.
  15. iGrizz

iGrizz New Member

I bought a Seido dock on Friday from Verizon for $20. Comes with an extra charging cord, can charge my Thunderbolt with the 2750 mah battery on it and has a slot to separately charge small or large Thunderbolt battery.
  16. dl1762

dl1762 New Member

The extended battery is great but I like the slimmer case . So got the rebound bat. I regret only getting 1 on sale. It is much better . I am getting 3 clones with charger it says 1800 mah from ebay says regular size case so i will see what happens .
    sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
  17. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

I actually purchased the rezound a few weeks ago but decided to take it back. I actually missed my bolt. But when I returned it I kept the stock rezound battery. It's been great but with only one problem. I've noticed now that sometimes the phone will completely cut off when the battery is supposedly dead......but the indicator will still be yellow, not blinking red. Has happened a few times. Anyone else havibg this issue or is it just me? Fyi this is my original bolt from second day after release. Never had to replace cause of issues like others....knock on wood. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  18. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae New Member

The problem is likely in the software somewhere. This phone came with a 1400mAh battery and
    the software is designed to calc how much battery is left based on that number. Popping in a 1620mAh
    battery will extend the battery life, but the meter will be off.

I suspect this is something like changing the gas tank on your car from 12 gallons to 15 without
    adjusting the fuel gauge to account for the additional capacity. Yes, you get 3 extra gallons, but
    I wouldn't trust the fuel gauge.

By the lack of apps to adjust this or community ROMs that would account for this
    or at least allow the user to adjust the settings, I'm guessing this is not a simple change/fix.
  19. pogibry

pogibry New Member

...maybe this will help keep this thread alive....

I'm getting sick of my massive extended battery and am about to buy a Rezound battery. My only question and maybe somebody here can shed some light- I see those 1800ma Rezound batteries on ebay that are the same physical size as stock for a good deal. IF anybody has used these, are they better than the stock Rezound or are do they have the same battery time but with less life due to the cheaper manufacturing. Please help...
  20. pogibry

pogibry New Member

Bump..... Does anyone have an opinion/experience for this?
Search tags for this page
can the htc thunderbolt use a rezound battery
does the htc rezound have same battery at htc thunderbolt
does the htc thunderbolt and htc rezound take the same batte
does the htz rezound take the same battery as the htc thunde
is a rezound battery the same as a
what cause htc thunderbolt battery indicators to blink
what is using up my battery on rezound

will htc resound battery worh in a htc thunderbolt

will the battery from thunderbolt fit the rezound