Verizon honored 50% off my purchase of the Extended Battery with cover

deborah3756

Reaction score
That's wonderful. Even though Verison's customer service is starting to lag and tighten up, they still have some customer supprt surprises.

As of late, Verizon is implimenting changes that are not so customer friendly.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tricorder

Reaction score
35% off, best i could do after visiting one store and calling twice. at least its next day air.....

RFrisch

Reaction score
Called them twice, spoke nice to them, and am using my 50% off extended battery as I type this on my thunderbolt. :)

sportadic22

Reaction score
After hearing all this and potentially getting one for free or 50% off.... I'm calling for sure tomorrow. Been in this company for pshh like five years..
Should I call local store or corp.. online number?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
After hearing all this and potentially getting one for free or 50% off.... I'm calling for sure tomorrow. Been in this company for pshh like five years..

Only 5? I'm going on year 14(Intouch before VZW) and they will only offer me my corp discount of 25%.

sportadic22

Reaction score
after you said how long you have been in the company... i was like hmm let me check history background on Verizon.. i switched over when Cingular was still Cingular and had not switched over to ATT name yet. that happened in 2004?... soo i guess my family has been in Verizon for 9-11 years...??

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

Only 5? I'm going on year 14(Intouch before VZW) and they will only offer me my corp discount of 25%.

You have to talk to someone in tech support, not customer service, and pitch it as you love the phone but it doesn't make it through the day. If you ask flat out for a free one they're less likely to do it. They took 50% off of what it would have cost me after my 25% corporate discount. I had to call a couple times. It really depends on who you get.

MNG708

Reaction score
I read this post and decided to email customer service through their website. I explained I've been a long time customer (11 years) and that I love the TB but the battery life is unacceptable. I did ask for a discounted extended battery more than my regular 25% govt discount.
I got a reply back the next morning offering me the extended battery for 50% off, $25 before taxes. She told me to reply to the email if I accepted, which I did and my extended battery will be delivered Thursday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

stuigi

Reaction score
dancedroid

I contacted Verizon customer service and complained to them about the battery situation. I explained to them that in order to be able to enjoy the Thunderbolt fully to its capabilities, I would have to make extra expenses for battery and chargers et.

I requested a Complementary battery but instead, they decided to give me 50% off the extended battery with the cover since I have been a customer for several years.

needless to say, I paid $26.92 with Taxes and fully enjoying My Thunderbeast with one full charge and heavy use.

Orignal Email Discussion:

Dear Jose Q,
Verizon Wireless appreciates all your questions and concerns. My name is Waye, and I am sorry to hear that your battery does not hold a charge. I will be happy to assist you with the option to purchase an extended battery and cover for the HTC Thunderbolt.
I attempted to contact you by phone and assist with your request, however I was unable to reach you. I regret to inform you that we are unable to honor a free extended battery and cover, however I am willing to offer a 50% credit off the extended battery and cover purchase amount of 49.99, this will allow you to purchase the battery and cover for $24.99.
To accept the offer provided above, please dial 800-922-0204 from a landline phone, and a representative from our Customer Service Department will be happy to assist you.
You qualify for up to 12 Friends and Family contacts, and only 6 numbers are listed on your calling list. You may add an additional 6 numbers to your Friends and Family calling.
I am glad that I was able to assist you with the option to purchase an extended battery and cover. It was my pleasure to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.
Sincerely,
Waye
Verizon Wireless
If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

I called VZ the other day to complain about my battery life and thd the rep brought me to a boiling point. He started telling me how to turn off wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness, services, etc. My response was getting angrier and angrier basically shouting wtf did I spend all this money on a feature phone only to have to turn them all off to get through the day. I couldve gotten a free piece of crap for that matter. Bottom line, to appease me they sent me a free extended battery and back. Yeah, it lasts longer, but I use the phone in the car alot and with the EB it wont fit in the dock. I am hoping they come out with a fix for the battery issue.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I called and complained yesterday and they sent me a free standard battery.. received it today.

Didnt have to argue or anything. I just told them that the battery dies within 4 hours and the phone is unusable and they said it sounds like a bad battery, so they sent a free new one. Took all of 5 minutes.

I dont think there's anything wrong with my battery, but Ill take a free extra one. They need to get the Dock out so I have somewhere to charge the other battery.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This is the BS I get from VZW. Really? You want me to sit in a VZW store and show them that using the phone will kill it in under 6 hours? Typical canned response BS.

My name is Eva and I am eager to assist you with your concerns for the battery life on your HTC Thunderbolt. I apologize for the issues you have experienced on your new phone. In addition, the issues you have described will need to be duplicated with a live representative before any battery options are discussed, as troubleshooting via e-mail is extremely difficult. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204 from an alternate phone to speak with a representative who will walk you through step-by-step instructions to troubleshoot the issue. Please have your wireless phone fully charged and available when you call. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may present.

Thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer. We look forward to resolving your concerns. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely

Eva
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

hellfire

Reaction score
I called and nicely explained that it didn't last me enough from the time I left the house to get back home from work. 50% off and they credited my account. I picked one up at the store by my house. Now I make it NEARLY all day. Haha. Still dies a bit before my 12hr work day.