Verizon Has the Motorola Droid Turbo Available Now

mrbrooks418

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
The most advanced phone on the planet.......
That can't actually check email or use Internet while in a phone call. Lol

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Temporarily but yes... Not the greatest intro but I've seen worse first starts.
Let's hope Nexus 6 doesn't have the same issue from the start. That would be horrific for Google. Haven't purchased either device yet (N6 or Turbo). Will need to test both items on the spot. I just wonder how well the battery holds up for Nexus 6, have to imagine more than capable.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No SD, 32/64GB and the 64 is only in ballistic black. It's as ugly as refurbished irt, it's not even rootable at this time, forget unlocking or a custom recovery. I'll wait on the nexus or a walnut backed X 2014.

I agree on the SD and memory sizes. As for the appearance of the Ballistic Nylon, I am kinda liking it. And no, not rootable or unlocking/custom recovery - yet...however there are global versions being released and if the hackers get their hands on it, I'm willing to bet they'll find a flaw and exploit it there first, and then bring it over to VZW Droid Turbo. At least I hope so.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Hasn't happened for the VZW 4.4.4 moto x yet, and it's been awhile. All we need is a temporary root to be able to use jcase's sunshine s-off and even that hasn't been forthcoming. So frustrating to be one tiny exploit away from true full s-off (the thing I dread about lollipop on the nexus is the kernel mods that will have to be done to the Linux SE kernel for root to even mean much). To me a perfect world would be rooted unlocked KitKat on a nexus 6.

creaky

Reaction score
Hasn't happened for the VZW 4.4.4 moto x yet, and it's been awhile. All we need is a temporary root to be able to use jcase's sunshine s-off and even that hasn't been forthcoming. So frustrating to be one tiny exploit away from true full s-off (the thing I dread about lollipop on the nexus is the kernel mods that will have to be done to the Linux SE kernel for root to even mean much). To me a perfect world would be rooted unlocked KitKat on a nexus 6.

Can you elaborate on the Lollipop/kernel comment? Why would root not mean much? (PM me if this is too OT). I'm struggling to decide between the turbo and the Nexus (Turbo is a better phone for me but I want to root/ROM so of course Nexus is better for that.)

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Lollipop uses Linux SE kernel which controls permissions above the SU level. For root to have the SU powers we are all accustomed to user level permissions have to be allowed at the kernel level through a CHMOD command. To he able to use root the way we think of it currently there will have to be kernel modules implemented (or a permissive kernel compiled and flashed). It will take the devs a few days (literally, devs probably won't be sleeping much until it works, I'm sure) to adapt. Several people (myself included) already have all the source code downloaded from the repository and are theorizing what previous Qualcomm kernels might work. I personally just want mine to look and run like all mine have looked since ICS, apex launcher pro with some performance tweaks. As soon as somebody develops an ICS/JB looking ROM with all the KitKat bells and whistles (voice control, active display, notifications, etc) that's what I'll be running.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ordered one today.
With my company plan I got $200.00 trade in for an original droid I had laying around and a $100.00 bill credit.
$300.00 smackers and a new 64 GB ballistic nylon Droid Turbo.

I couldn't pass it up new phone and $50.00 bucks in my pocket.
Be here tomorrow.
Incredible. Mind if I ask what company you work for? That's quite a discount.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the ballistic. Not slippery like a lot of phones.

I will get root, eventually. All I really need.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Incredible. Mind if I ask what company you work for? That's quite a discount.
Construction contractor and I joined the NPP (national purchasing partner) free to join but you have to belong to a local building association which cost me about $400.00 a year.
I also get a 22% discount on my bill and accessories as well as other special deals like the Turbo trade.
I would belong to the building association anyway and the Verizon discount pays for it along with some other perks offered by belonging to the NPP.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Construction contractor and I joined the NPP (national purchasing partner) free to join but you have to belong to a local building association which cost me about $400.00 a year.
I also get a 22% discount on my bill and accessories as well as other special deals like the Turbo trade.
I would belong to the building association anyway and the Verizon discount pays for it along with some other perks offered by belonging to the NPP.
That sounds awesome. I get a 15% discount on my bill and 25% discount on all accessories as a Military employee, bit no extra trade in discounts...but this deal sounds even sweeter.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk