Verizon getting rid of contracts and making changes to data plans Aug 13

jplemt

Reaction score
Doesn't T-Mobile offer unlimited data on all plans, just sells 4g data as a limited option with a drop to 2g once your limit is reached? So maybe Vzw will offer unlimited too...Haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Raydee35

Reaction score
I personally can't wait till my contract is up with Verizon so I can dump them.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look into it, but it seems these plans are much more straightforward compared to the MEP. So if Verizon is going this route does that mean MEP is done with as well?

Hopefully the z4v comes out next Friday and I can just be done with it.
Don't ask me about it. This is the first I am hearing about these 'new plans' lol ;-)

Sent from my Verizon G4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Don't ask me about it. This is the first I am hearing about these 'new plans' lol ;-)

Sent from my Verizon G4
I wonder if Verizon wants to keep its associates in the dark as long as possible. I bet you're going to see what you can find out as soon as you can.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Verizon wants to keep its associates in the dark as long as possible. I bet you're going to see what you can find out as soon as you can.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk
For me, I have a rep that comes in once a week to tell us about any news/promos/etc coming up. I haven't seen him yet this week, nor has my company said anything about this. I'll be passing along the Verizon website link.
I do not see anything that specifically says that 2yr contracts will be gone, just hints at it because they are not mentioned.

Sent from my Verizon G4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
For me being on edge already with 3 lines and 10 gb this would cost me more per line but add 2gb which I really don't need......

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pchain

Reaction score
The new plan seems like it may be easier to understand, but unless you pay for a phone up front, you're still locked into paying your phone off over two years. It's really a semantic change more than a substantive change. And it certainly isn't enough to pry me away from my unlimited data plan. :-D

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
What if this is a ploy to get everyone off unlimited plans?
It is a move to get everyone have unlimited! Now even when you pay full price you have to pick one of the "new plan"...

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Strange, this is exactly my upgrade date!
Remember VZW allows you to upgrade 7 days before your actual contact date in case you want to avoid these new plans. The 7 days apply to authored retailers like Best Buy as well.