Verizon Galaxy S4 Update To 4.3 VRUEMJ7 and Keep Root!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

Open1your1eyes0 has become pretty well known in the Verizon Root community. He is always the first to release root guides and methods for most Verizon models. As you may know the Verizon Galaxy S4 just received an update to 4.3! If you have already taken the ota update you probably noticed that you lost root. If you have not already received the update then you are in luck. Open1your1eyes0 has put together a guide to get you on the update while maintaining root. You will need to do a few things to prep your device. You will have to restore the stock MI1 image to get rid of any modified files from previous root methods. Then you will root your device via the Root De La Vega method. Next you download a specific file and move it to your device. You will then enable survivor mode in SuperSU and accept the update. Nothing too entirely complicated here. Head to the link below for the full, detailed instructions.

Via XDA

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
this is what I've been waiting for. Thank you for posting this!

edit: nevermind. I'm still on VRUAMDK, won't be updating to 4.3 just yet.

Last edited:

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on MI1 and could use this method.
The one drawback I see is that if you at all bugger your phone and need to go to one of the recovery tools KIES, Verizon you will lose root.

For me it's a big deal to retain root.
So while on MI1 I can always re-flash and not trigger KNOX and keep root.

I'll wait until 4.3 has a "TRUE" root. It won't happen until we have an ODIN file.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Can I do this if I'm currently rooted on 4.2.2 build I545VRUME7? Also I originally rooted using a slightly different method. I used the terminal app on the phone and didn't use the de la vega method but I'm not sure if it will make a difference if I've already had my phone rooted? Or would I have to reroot using those steps to make this work?

Last edited: