Verizon Finally, Finally (for real this time) Rolls Out Marshmallow for the Droid Turbo 2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Droid-Turbo-2-navy-and-grey.jpg

After far too many starts and stops, Big Red is pushing out the big Marshmallow to the most recent Droid. Yep... that's right! Verizon has finally started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the Motorola Droid Turbo 2.

You can breathe a sigh of relief as software version 24.14.11 should start downloading on to your device sometime within the next few days/week. Along with the usual core improvements from moving to the latest Android OS, there are several addons and enhancements that Verizon included.

This includes Now on Tap, Doze mode, App Standby, App permissions, App links, Expandable Storage and more. Expandable Storage is one of the more interesting new features. Here's a quote with a few extra details,

Android Marshmallow enables SD cards to fully extend internal device storage, rather than just being used for media files.

After inserting a new SD card to your phone, you'll see a set up notification. You can choose to use your new SD card as a portable storage or as internal storage:

• Portable storage: use your SD card to store your pictures, videos, audio and other media files. You can remove the SD card at any time and transfer it to another device.
  • Internal storage: in addition to media, you can store downloaded apps and games, along with their media and data. The SD card acts as an extension of the internal storage of your phone.
If you have an SD card inserted in your phone when you upgrade it to Android Marshmallow, the card will be defaulted to portable storage. Any existing application stored in your SD card before the upgrade will run as expected (in portable storage). In order to move any new application to the SD card, you have to adopt it as internal storage first.

Be sure to hit up the source link for even more info, and sound off when you get your update! Here's our dedicate section for further discussion: Motorola DROID Turbo 2

Source: Verizon

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The pain, the agony, that even a Droid is getting marshmallow before my AT&T Note 5.

It may be close to time to consider making the switch back to VZW. :p

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Don't let VZW pushing a few updates to 2 or 3 devices make you think they are all of a sudden on top of updates. I'd have to see a good solid year of updates to believe they are on the job.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
waiting for the update to the original turbo.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The pain, the agony, that even a Droid is getting marshmallow before my AT&T Note 5.

It may be close to time to consider making the switch back to VZW. :p
Turbo 2 & Marshmallow.... Droid Does!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Both my phone and my wife's are running 6.0. So far so good, seems to be smooth. Verizon apparently decided that they don't want to support WiFi calling on their Droids (it is not included), but other than that no complaints yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Part 2 has to be on WiFi, and then Google Play Services takes a while to update. Enjoy!

Claps1775

Reaction score
Hope the Turbo gets it now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
The real problem with the Turbo 2 is it should have had marshmallow installed at launch IMHO.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It would have been nice to have Android M right from the start, but it's not like the phone was garbage on L. :) It ran just fine. I believe that most people that walk into a Verizon store have no idea what version of Android is the most current, which one is up next, when the expected release date is, etc. Some do, but most don't. They buy a phone because they like the phone, like the sale price, etc., but not because of a particular version on Android. I am impressed & happy that Verizon and Moto got M out to us within 4 months, not too shabby for Verizon. :cool:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This makes me wonder where the t1 will fall with getting M..my phone is running pretty well so far, but I'll wait to see if anything annoying pops up..