Verizon is Rolling Out Marshmallow to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Finally)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. Maybe caching problems, maybe something else. Doesn't happen all the time though.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I use the stock keyboard as well. Does not happen all the time but when it does it creates some fascinating texts when missing characters make some weird guesses from the phone! It's lag acts like something large is being copied or downloaded taking a lot of resources.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Still no update available on my backup device. Think I'm gonna have to cave & put my sim in to get it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Just got a new update. Took 6.0 2 weeks ago this one just started downloading. No warning or option....
0e98117cb59d0d4589f8651f5f385a0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got a new update. Took 6.0 2 weeks ago this one just started downloading. No warning or option....
0e98117cb59d0d4589f8651f5f385a0d.jpg

That's the June security patch . I got mine , AT&T, already which was surprisingly sooner than normal. I usually get my monthly patch closer to the end of the month or start of the next month.
Still no M on my Note4 and no word on when to expect it from AT&T

Support Our Troops!!!
<≥≤
Notate

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Comparatively speaking, they've been pretty good (at least the past couple years) in regards to keeping their Note series up to date, being that it's considered a corporate/working man's device.

S5 tap'n
I haven't been using the Note as my daily driver since I got the 6P, but I thought they'd been a bit slow on the security patches. Just strikes me as interesting that they've got the security patch ready so soon after sending out MM.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't been using the Note as my daily driver since I got the 6P, but I thought they'd been a bit slow on the security patches. Just strikes me as interesting that they've got the security patch ready so soon after sending out MM.
I think that article where the federal government might be looking into stuff caused it to happen. Prior to that thread I got 1 security update (whatever that mms vulnerability thing was way back) directly from Samsung, the entire time I've owned this phone. Now I've gotten 3 of them monthly as an Android firmware update, the last 2 about a week apart. Still no M and the other forum showing a June push in a screen shot in a thread looks like it's off base again. There's been a screen shot of supposed push dates since April somewhere and they have all been wrong for AT&T until this one got the Note5 and S6 right. It shows the Note4 as the same as those.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I know this was brought up earlier but I'm still not able to find/get how to get the preview of texts from Textra and notifications from Tapatalk to show up in my status bar. There are no options any where.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this was brought up earlier but I'm still not able to find/get how to get the preview of texts from Textra and notifications from Tapatalk to show up in my status bar. There are no options any where.

Settings>Sound and notifications>Application notifications and then select Textra and make sure it has permissions to show them, etc. I'm guessing it's the same for Tapatalk.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Settings>Sound and notifications>Application notifications and then select Textra and make sure it has permissions to show them, etc. I'm guessing it's the same for Tapatalk.
Those are all on and I don't believe those have any control of the message scrolling across the status bar when it came in.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
So, I currently live on the bottom floor of an apartment complex. Since the update my phone is useless when it comes to phone calls while I'm inside. Had anyone else noticed a drastic decrease in signal strength. It's to the point where I literally can not make a phone call in my home where as before I had no issues.

Sent from my Note 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So, I currently live on the bottom floor of an apartment complex. Since the update my phone is useless when it comes to phone calls while I'm inside. Had anyone else noticed a drastic decrease in signal strength. It's to the point where I literally can not make a phone call in my home where as before I had no issues.

Sent from my Note 4
I constantly drop calls with full service. Also notice in weak areas signal is dead.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk