Marshmallow Is Finally Rolling Out To Note 5 Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Today Samsung started the Marshmallow OTA rollout forr Note 5 devices. The first device to receive the update was the Cambodian version. The update should slowly trickle out to devices worldwide. Of course Verizon has still not rolled out the update so I have not had a chance to check it out. Tim Schofield however actually has the Cambodian version of the Note 5 and gives us a run down of the update in the video above.

Some new features in Marshmallow Touchwiz include a new color scheme, new notification panel, slight changes to the lockscreen, new restart menu, move multiple apps, new theme engine layout, doze, now on tap, new animations for recents, internet 4.0, screenshot options, and much more. Watch the video for the full changelog!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Great video. Thanks for sharing!

I sure wish Samsung would bring the lockscreen notifications into the current style... I HATE HATE HATE how they look. I loath the grey background around them... I STILL really miss the clean crisp look of notifications with no background..

I also noticed he said that being able to delete screen shots right from the drop down was new but I can do that on my Note 4 and believe I have always been able to... I even believe I could do it way back when with my S5.... Either way I hope they push this to the Note 4 before the Note 6 is released.... Although this tempts me to get a Note 5... Man did that thing look STUPID fast LOL

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks DroidModderX! Looking forward to marshmallow! Wonder how long it will take Verizon?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks DroidModderX! Looking forward to marshmallow! Wonder how long it will take Verizon?

Last rumor I saw was Feb for Verizon....so still got a few days left to make that rumor true...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Last rumor I saw was Feb for Verizon....so still got a few days left to make that rumor true...
I'll be in total shock if it happens. Months ago I heard early Q1 then it changed to later Q1. So it may just make Q1.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
They haven't been the last to release updates since the S4. As a matter of fact they were first with KK & Lollipop releases on most of their flagship devices. Marshmallow may be a different story, but times, they are a changin.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hopefully they release it soon, C'mon Big Red!