Verizon/Fascinate Help!

Alan Gordon

Reaction score
I'm in a family plan with 4 people, and earlier this week, one passed away.

I joined last November, and am still under contract until next November. To make matters more complicated, I have promotional credits through Verizon from a thing they had last year.

It's possible I could get someone to take over that line, but I also need to look into the possibilities that I won't be able to find someone to help. Financially speaking, I need to know the best and cheapest way go about this. My (first) questions are these:

1. If I reduce the number of lines, will that screw up my credits?!
  2. If I reduce the number of lines, and I'm still under contract, do I still own the phone?!
  3. If I find someone to take over that line, can I change the phone number on it without screwing up my promotional credits or my unlimited data status?!
  4. If I choose to replace my phone with their phone, can I port my number within the plan to their phone without screwing anything up?

Thanks!
~Alan

Hello Droid

Reaction score
Why don't you call verizon and ask them?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

VZWSupport

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless options

I'm in a family plan with 4 people, and earlier this week, one passed away.

I joined last November, and am still under contract until next November. To make matters more complicated, I have promotional credits through Verizon from a thing they had last year.

It's possible I could get someone to take over that line, but I also need to look into the possibilities that I won't be able to find someone to help. Financially speaking, I need to know the best and cheapest way go about this. My (first) questions are these:
  1. If I reduce the number of lines, will that screw up my credits?!
  2. If I reduce the number of lines, and I'm still under contract, do I still own the phone?!
  3. If I find someone to take over that line, can I change the phone number on it without screwing up my promotional credits or my unlimited data status?!
  4. If I choose to replace my phone with their phone, can I port my number within the plan to their phone without screwing anything up?
Thanks!
~Alan

Hi Alan,

I am sorry to learn of your recent loss. I would like to address all your concerns and provide answers to all your questions below.

I reduce the number of lines, will that screw up my credits?
Most likely your credits will remain unchanged unless a credit is applied specifically to the line you remove from your account.
If I reduce the number of lines, and I'm still under contract, do I still own the phone? If you remove the line of the deceased customer you can cancel the contract for that specific line without an Early Termination Fee and you still own the equipment.

If I find someone to take over that line, can I change the phone number on it without screwing up my promotional credits or my unlimited data status? Yes the number can be changed for the line being transferred. Additionally, unlimited data plans will not be affected by transferring a line to someone else. The process of transferring a line to someone else is called Assumption of Liability (AOL). To process an AOL the account owner must call 800-922-0204 to authorize a line to be transferred and then the person taking over the line must call same number to complete AOL. If I choose to replace my phone with their phone, can I port my number within the plan to their phone without screwing anything up? You can swap phones at any time between the lines in your account without any adverse effect (keep in mind that depending on the device your activating/swapping certain changes may be required to your calling plan). You can do this online if you login to your My Verizon account http://goo.gl/lW32c or by calling 800-922-0204. Please have both phones available when you call and call from a 3rd line as both phones being swapped must off when you call us to swap.If you still need assistance please contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.
You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday.

VZW_CS