Verizon Ends 1-Year Contract Online Availability a Few Days Early

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-1-year-contracts1.png

Previously, we reported that Verizon would be ending the availability of their 1-Year Contracts on April 17th. Apparently, they started several days early, at least for their online contracts. The option to choose a 1-Year contract has been removed from their online kiosk. For now, and until April 17th, the only way to sign up for a 1-year contract is to go to a Verizon store in person.

Source: Droid-Life

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday or the day before that people were saying it would end on the 12th. I pointed out to them of course that the OP said the 17th.
:icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2:

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
It's just online that it's ending early. I did a renewal yesterday on the phone and they said that it would be ending at the end of yesterday online but you could still call in until the 17th. The rep wasn't sure about corporate stores.

If you call in, you can still get a 1-yr for a while longer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just online that it's ending early. I did a renewal yesterday on the phone and they said that it would be ending at the end of yesterday online but you could still call in until the 17th. The rep wasn't sure about corporate stores.

If you call in, you can still get a 1-yr for a while longer.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Does VZ still drops $10 from the ETF each month that you pay your bill ? If so , it means you have to pay $230 ETF after a year , still better than paying $650+ full retail for that new Galaxy S 2

R

RETG

I will say that this is the first thing Verizon has done since I have had service with them (8 or 9 years) that has me considering jumping to another carrier in the future.

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
I will say that this is the first thing Verizon has done since I have had service with them (8 or 9 years) that has me considering jumping to another carrier in the future.

Ditto that. I just left the store and was told it ended on the 17th. They should have sent out a notice to their customers. Or at least I didn't get notified. Frustrating. I'm now looking for other options.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
The only thing that would make me overlook this issue is if they continue the new trend of lower full retail (month to month contract) phone prices.