Amazon offering Droid family up for 1 cent!

shdowman

Reaction score
I did read what you said, but it doesn't apply to me. I left details out of my last reply. I'm not looking to get a phone for $0.01. I do however have a line on my plan that has an eligible upgrade, so I would upgrade through amazon on that line, then switch it over to my current line. That's where my questions came into play.

And yes I know upgrading isnt $0.01, it's like $70 for the phone I wanted. $30 more than wirefly, but it's much cheaper in the longrun.

I knew what you were looking to do. And simple answer, you cannot add a line to an exisiting account through Amazon (for vzw that is). If you wanna do that for cheaper than vzw, you'll have to go through wirefly.

Trust me, I have gone through 3 days of this nonsense....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
That's the thing though, I'm not trying to add a new line. All I want to do is upgrade a phone to a different line on my family that HAS an eligible upgrade, which is possible to do. I just wanted to see if Amazon would then allow me to switch that new phone to a different number on the same plan.

Going off of a different reply in this thread, it should be ok, but I would obviously ask amazon before I try.

Ahhhh....I stand corrected. Yeah, you can upgrade a line. I don't know about switching esn's. I would think it would be OK so long as you don't cancel the line. They don't care about equipment, they care about getting their commission per activation.

Apologies if I came across as gruff...I am none too happy with Amazon at the moment....

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
LP
I knew what you were looking to do. And simple answer, you cannot add a line to an exisiting account through Amazon (for vzw that is). If you wanna do that for cheaper than vzw, you'll have to go through wirefly.

Trust me, I have gone through 3 days of this nonsense....

That's the thing though, I'm not trying to add a new line. All I want to do is upgrade a phone to a different line on my family that HAS an eligible upgrade, which is possible to do. I just wanted to see if Amazon would then allow me to switch that new phone to a different number on the same plan.

Going off of a different reply in this thread, it should be ok, but I would obviously ask amazon before I try.

Ahhhh....I stand corrected. Yeah, you can upgrade a line. I don't know about switching esn's. I would think it would be OK so long as you don't cancel the line. They don't care about equipment, they care about getting their commission per activation.

Apologies if I came across as gruff...I am none too happy with Amazon at the moment....

Lol it's cool. I feel the same way about wirefly at the moment which is why I'm looking for a way out while I'm still within a month of my purchase.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

shdowman

Reaction score
LP

Lol it's cool. I feel the same way about wirefly at the moment which is why I'm looking for a way out while I'm still within a month of my purchase.

That's just it. They give you no way out. I am a very honest person and have actually considered telling them to eff off and I am keeping the phones after cancelling. Vzw has been very nice, except I would have to pay almost $700 up front for two phones...sigh..

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
LP

That's just it. They give you no way out. I am a very honest person and have actually considered telling them to eff off and I am keeping the phones after cancelling. Vzw has been very nice, except I would have to pay almost $700 up front for two phones...sigh..

That sucks =\ Though under the option to choose whether to upgrade a phone or open a new account, it does show "add line to family plan" and it says coming soon. Maybe that's your way out! Lets see how soon they add this option though.

badazz74

Reaction score
My two year ends in Feb but verizon gives me the option to upgrade now but when I check through amazon it states I am not eligible till then and to come back then. I am the primary account holder with primary number don"t I qualify for the new upgrade every 12 months?

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
Ooo im so tempted to get the x. My upgrade is coming in a week.. but whith my luck, a bigger and better will be released as soon as i do the upgrade. :(
I think im gonna wait it out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ldolby

Reaction score
Saw this link and it was the last straw for me to switch from the IPhone to the Droid X. Took my wife in to Best Buy before I ordered them from amazon so she could try them all out. To my surprise, they offered to price match the website but said I had to pay 1 dollar for each phone. So I ended up getting my Droid X and she got a Droid Incredible. I actually got a better deal contractwise through them plus I didn't have to wait until the 4th of Jan for the phones to be delivered. Minus all the accessories I purchased, I paid 2 dollars for both phones and don't have to worry about terminating my contract before 181 days.

android15

Reaction score
Too bad they're only one cent if you're on an individual plan or opening up a new plan. I tried looking at the incredible for my upgrade on a family plan and it showed $50. Still a great deal though.

etx_droid

Reaction score
Saw this link and it was the last straw for me to switch from the IPhone to the Droid X. Took my wife in to Best Buy before I ordered them from amazon so she could try them all out. To my surprise, they offered to price match the website but said I had to pay 1 dollar for each phone. So I ended up getting my Droid X and she got a Droid Incredible. I actually got a better deal contractwise through them plus I didn't have to wait until the 4th of Jan for the phones to be delivered. Minus all the accessories I purchased, I paid 2 dollars for both phones and don't have to worry about terminating my contract before 181 days.

That's pretty sweet that Best Buy did that! Congrats on the new phone's and welcome to the forum! You'll find out ALL you need to know here!

shdowman

Reaction score
I know where I am headed tomorrow. Maybe they'll be nice and let me do it as an add a line. REALLY wanted to love the fascinate. If it wasn't for the lack of or slooooooooooooow updates, I might consider keeping it. :(

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I know where I am headed tomorrow. Maybe they'll be nice and let me do it as an add a line. REALLY wanted to love the fascinate. If it wasn't for the lack of or slooooooooooooow updates, I might consider keeping it. :(

Let me know how this works out for you. I might consider doing the same thing if it works for you.

shdowman

Reaction score
Don't know how earlier poster got that deal. Went to two best buys and both said they don't do price match from online...period.

ldolby

Reaction score
Have the store call the best buy phone dept in erie, pa and have them show you store how to do it. My friend did the same offer today.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

shdowman

Reaction score
Have the store call the best buy phone dept in erie, pa and have them show you store how to do it. My friend did the same offer today.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

For $1.00??