Amazon offering Droid family up for 1 cent!

J

JohnDroid

amazon-droid-sale.jpg

Amazon is having a pretty large sale on the Droid family of phones. If you are able to sign a new 2 year contract then you can get pretty much anything in the Droid family for a penny. Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Droid Pro are all available on the special. However, keep in mind - if you end up cancelling out of your 2 year contract early then Amazon charges a $250 surcharge ON TOP OF Verizon's early cancellation fee. Just something to keep in mind.

Amazon: http://wireless.amazon.com/f/vwdroidpennywaf

(Source: BGR)

etx_droid

Reaction score
That's actually a really good deal. I know my parents and some of my other family have been thinking about making the move to Android and this may be the deal to jump on. Thanks for sharing!

greek175

Reaction score
can i get one of these phones then say i dont like it and want to be put back on my droid 1 and keep the phone i get without a charge?

donelam304

Reaction score
which one would you go with and why. also, do you have to activate the $.01 phone right away. i have a Droid 1 and like it. but like the looks of the DInc and DX, but the D2 would be almost what i have now. but the LTE phones are comming out soon and i really want 1 of those. lol.

etx_droid

Reaction score
which one would you go with and why. also, do you have to activate the $.01 phone right away. i have a Droid 1 and like it. but like the looks of the DInc and DX, but the D2 would be almost what i have now. but the LTE phones are comming out soon and i really want 1 of those. lol.

I really like the X and probably would go with that one if I was to get any of them. The bigger screen, HDMI out, and my favorite ROM can be installed on the X. I still really enjoy my Droid 1 and wasn't convinced enough to upgrade yet. The next gen phones (T2) might change my mind though!

shdowman

Reaction score
Keep something in mind, for those that do not know. They DO not exchange if you don't like it. I got the fascinate 3 weeks ago and was going to exchange for an X. Nope. They will only take returns. Leaving you essentially screwed if you want a different phone. And trust me, I have looked at every avenue to make it work, including adding two additional lines to account, yet they don't do add a line at Amazon for vzw. Right now I am one angry little monkey as I am stuck with two buggy phones that wont really receive remotely timely updates for the next two years....

Something to keep in mind.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Note: Amazon will ONLY charge you $250 if you cancel before 181 days. After that, its just Verizon's fee. And if you purchase and cancel within 30 days but dont return the phone to Amazon, your only fee is phone purchase price + $250. Which means I just got a Droid Pro for $250.01 ;)

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Doesanyone here know if amazonwireless is less strict than wirefly? For example, I added a new line to my plan with a Droid 2. I was gona transfer that Droid 2 to my current phone #, but wirefly wont allow you to do that (atleast for the first 6 months).

Does amazon care if I switch the phone I purchased from them to a different line that the phone was purchased on?

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Doesanyone here know if amazonwireless is less strict than wirefly? For example, I added a new line to my plan with a Droid 2. I was gona transfer that Droid 2 to my current phone #, but wirefly wont allow you to do that (atleast for the first 6 months).

Does amazon care if I switch the phone I purchased from them to a different line that the phone was purchased on?

They are the same in some areas. You cannot change account numbers or you will be charged the $250 fee. It must stay under the same persons name for 181 days or you will be charged. I talked to amazonwireless directly yesterday and got this info.

About switching the ESN's that I dont know. Just give them a call to make sure that would be OK. But I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

They are the same in some areas. You cannot change account numbers or you will be charged the $250 fee. It must stay under the same persons name for 181 days or you will be charged. I talked to amazonwireless directly yesterday and got this info.

About switching the ESN's that I dont know. Just give them a call to make sure that would be OK. But I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be.
Ah okay, yeah it seems like they give you a little more freedom then, but I might just confirm with them before I do anything. Reason I ask is because IF they allow switching phones to a different line under the same account, I could just return my droid 2 to wirefly (still under a month) and purchase this under amazon.

shdowman

Reaction score

Ah okay, yeah it seems like they give you a little more freedom then, but I might just confirm with them before I do anything. Reason I ask is because IF they allow switching phones to a different line under the same account, I could just return my droid 2 to wirefly (still under a month) and purchase this under amazon.
Did you read nothing I said????

You can not add a line through Amazon. And, the prices are for NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY. Meaning you would have to have been disconnected from vzw for over 30 days before being considered a new account.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

You can not add a line through Amazon. And, the prices are for NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY. Meaning you would have to have been disconnected from vzw for over 30 days before being considered a new account.

I did read what you said, but it doesn't apply to me. I left details out of my last reply. I'm not looking to get a phone for $0.01. I do however have a line on my plan that has an eligible upgrade, so I would upgrade through amazon on that line, then switch it over to my current line. That's where my questions came into play.

And yes I know upgrading isnt $0.01, it's like $70 for the phone I wanted. $30 more than wirefly, but it's much cheaper in the longrun.

shdowman

Reaction score

I did read what you said, but it doesn't apply to me. I left details out of my last reply. I'm not looking to get a phone for $0.01. I do however have a line on my plan that has an eligible upgrade, so I would upgrade through amazon on that line, then switch it over to my current line. That's where my questions came into play.

And yes I know upgrading isnt $0.01, it's like $70 for the phone I wanted. $30 more than wirefly, but it's much cheaper in the longrun.

I knew what you were looking to do. And simple answer, you cannot add a line to an exisiting account through Amazon (for vzw that is). If you wanna do that for cheaper than vzw, you'll have to go through wirefly.

Trust me, I have gone through 3 days of this nonsense....

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

I knew what you were looking to do. And simple answer, you cannot add a line to an exisiting account through Amazon (for vzw that is). If you wanna do that for cheaper than vzw, you'll have to go through wirefly.

Trust me, I have gone through 3 days of this nonsense....

That's the thing though, I'm not trying to <b>add</b> a new line. All I want to do is upgrade a phone to a different line on my family that HAS an eligible upgrade, which is possible to do. I just wanted to see if Amazon would then allow me to switch that new phone to a different number on the same plan.

Going off of a different reply in this thread, it should be ok, but I would obviously ask amazon before I try.