Verizon Droid X will not USB Mount

droidxron

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X today at Verizon, and wanted to use doubleTwist to sync my music from my iTunes... I have the software on my computer (Mac) and on my phone. The problem I am having is not with doubleTwist but the fact that I can't get the screen it wants me to have...

The directions say to:
"pull down the Status Bar..." (I did)
"Tap the item titled "USB connected"." (I did)
"When the alert appears, tap the "Mount" button." This does not show up for me...
When I click the "USB connected" I get a screen of 4 options:

"PC Mode"
"Windows Media Sync"
"USB Mass Storage"
"Charge Only"

I have clicked on each one then clicked "ok" and never got a screen that says "Mount"...

Please help,

Thank you,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

kpiskin

Reaction score
Maybe try USB, I don't think Droid X comes with UBS interface;-)

huskur

Reaction score
Droid X install its own drivers for USB. Just select one of the four options. Thats it

kpiskin

Reaction score
Hehe, you fixed the typo. Have you tried it in debugger mode? That works for me. I typically have to do that for my win7 64 box, although it works fine without on ubuntu and leopard for me.

OP
D

droidxron

Reaction score
Re:

Droid X install its own drivers for USB. Just select one of the four options. Thats it

Okay.. Thats good to know, but how do I connect it with doubleTwist? It wants me to click "Mount" on the phone so it can connect to the program?

Ucla74

Reaction score
My iMac doesn't recognize the Droid X except as a removable drive. Having same issue with DoubleTwist, and haven't seen a satisfactory solution there, either.

oCrashandBurno

Reaction score
go to pc mode then the phone should show up as a disk, click it and install the drivers then you can use USB mode

Ucla74

Reaction score
Try the right forum, that would be the droid x forum.

Or it might be a general issue with Android. Hmm...

In any case, if this IS the wrong forum, you'd probably be better off asking a mod to move the thread. Hmm?

OP
D

droidxron

Reaction score
Okay I figured it out. Download the free app "Auto Mount" (its a green USB sign) and then open, check the auto mount, and plug you phone into your computer. Open doubleTwist and it works.

Your welcome hahahaha