Verizon discontinued Rezound.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to just cancel my insurance all together. Always felt like it was a waste of money, and now that they did away with the subsidy for people on unlimited I'm not a slave to that 2-yr update schedule.

So I'd like to get another 2 years or more out of the Rezound, but I could also replace it tomorrow. And/or if something happened to my new phone I could go back to the Rezound. So why am I paying insurance?

acejavelin

Reaction score
I think I'm going to just cancel my insurance all together. Always felt like it was a waste of money, and now that they did away with the subsidy for people on unlimited I'm not a slave to that 2-yr update schedule.

So I'd like to get another 2 years or more out of the Rezound, but I could also replace it tomorrow. And/or if something happened to my new phone I could go back to the Rezound. So why am I paying insurance?
Why not?!?! Asurion insurance through Verizon's Total Equipment Coverage includes Loss, Theft, Damage (including liquid damage), and Mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires.

To each their own, but I have seen too many phones dropped in the toilet, left in the dash on a hot summer day, dropping in the lake/river, stolen, slipped out of pocket and glass front shattered, hit with a riding lawn mower (pretty cool to see actually, as long as it isn't your phone), dropped down a well, I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

I have used my insurance 3 times over 6 years, 2 glass breaks (both totally my fault), and one bad geocaching incident where it fell in a river bed with a foot of water from 20 feet up and it took me almost 20 minutes to be able to retrieve it. Never questioned once, always had a replacement the next day, for me it is totally worth it.

Say you go get a brand new Note 2, and a month later well playing Angry Birds to occupy your mind in the bathroom well doing "other things" you happen to identically drop it in the toilet, sure you can go back to the Rezound but do you want to use it for another two years after using that fancy Note 2 knowing all it did was slip out of your fingers? Or would it be better to pony up $99 and get another Note 2 and just use the Rezound for a day or two until the replacement arrives and know you still have a spare for emergencies? Guess that is a question only you can answer...