Verizon discontinued Rezound.

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by RezQund, Jan 14, 2013.

1. RezQund

RezQund New Member

HTC should make rezound 2!
  2. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer Developer

I thought thats what the DNA was????? Technically I think that the Rezound was the Thunderbolt 2........
  3. RezQund

RezQund New Member

DNA is a great phone but no SD card! Ahhhhhh. Your
  4. RezQund

RezQund New Member

5. Miller6386

6. RezQund

RezQund New Member

S3 is a great phone. Note 2 is what I'm getting next month! I can't wait! Unfortunately, I will be paying full retail price! Love my unlimited plan!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Miller6386

I am right on the edge of getting a N2..... Just don't know if I want to cart around that much more screen LOL
  8. RezQund

RezQund New Member

I'm planning on using Note 2 for business and another phone smaller size maybe 4.3 inch. Thanks to the sim card. Unfortunately, my rezound 2ff is not compatible with note 3ff sim card. I'll be looking for all 3ff phones maybe motorola or incredible 4g
  9. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

I'll be happy to tell 'em what they can do with their "cloud"!
  10. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

You can get an adapter for super cheap online. Assuming the N2 uses a micro-sim vs. the "regular" sim in the Rezound, it would be very easy to pop them in and out.
    2 people like this.
  11. wardo

wardo Member

The insurance I have will give me a brand new phone. What happens if I need to have the rezound replaced?
  12. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

They probably have plenty of refurbished Rezounds for insurance fulfillment.
  13. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Are you sure your insurance specifies a "Brand new phone"? Most insurance's specify a "replacement phone", even though the sales person might say you will get a new one... most insurance and extended warranties also include a provision to replace the phone with a "similar" or approximate equivalent device if an exact replacement is not available.

Moral... don't trust a sales person, read the fine print!!!
  14. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Yes, I think I paid a dollar on Amazon and received two adapters, so that's 50 cents a piece. I use my Droid Charge as my work phone and my GNex as my evening and weekend phone. I swap sims twice a day using those adapters, they work great. I bought a Rezound (it should be in today) to replace my Charge as my work phone so I guess I will continue to use the adapters.
  15. wardo

wardo Member

Yes its legit. Insurance is from the retailer diamond wireless. Not Verizon.
    I wish I paid attention to the insurance earlier last year. I wasted time going through Verizon. I just bought the note 2 for myself and actually read the insurance guidelines. Lesson learned, read your paperwork.

I don't want to call them and ask what would happen. That would be fishy in my eyes.

Maybe they will offer a early upgrade. Sounds easy enough
  16. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to just cancel my insurance all together. Always felt like it was a waste of money, and now that they did away with the subsidy for people on unlimited I'm not a slave to that 2-yr update schedule.

So I'd like to get another 2 years or more out of the Rezound, but I could also replace it tomorrow. And/or if something happened to my new phone I could go back to the Rezound. So why am I paying insurance?
  17. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Why not?!?! Asurion insurance through Verizon's Total Equipment Coverage includes Loss, Theft, Damage (including liquid damage), and Mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires.

To each their own, but I have seen too many phones dropped in the toilet, left in the dash on a hot summer day, dropping in the lake/river, stolen, slipped out of pocket and glass front shattered, hit with a riding lawn mower (pretty cool to see actually, as long as it isn't your phone), dropped down a well, I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

I have used my insurance 3 times over 6 years, 2 glass breaks (both totally my fault), and one bad geocaching incident where it fell in a river bed with a foot of water from 20 feet up and it took me almost 20 minutes to be able to retrieve it. Never questioned once, always had a replacement the next day, for me it is totally worth it.

Say you go get a brand new Note 2, and a month later well playing Angry Birds to occupy your mind in the bathroom well doing "other things" you happen to identically drop it in the toilet, sure you can go back to the Rezound but do you want to use it for another two years after using that fancy Note 2 knowing all it did was slip out of your fingers? Or would it be better to pony up $99 and get another Note 2 and just use the Rezound for a day or two until the replacement arrives and know you still have a spare for emergencies? Guess that is a question only you can answer...
Search tags for this page
asurion rezound replacement
cancel diamond wireless insurance
does verizon make htc rezound anymore
how much for insurance for new rezound verizon
how much for insurance for new rezound verizon 2013

htc rezound discontinued

htc rezound insurance

htc rezound replacement phone through verizon
rezound discontinued

rezound insurance replacement

rezound replaced with dna by insurance