Discontinued already??

tc1

Reaction score
I honestly think this phone, which is an awesome phone, never was really taken seriously.

It never even had access to HTC's own line of downloadable widgets.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I honestly think this phone, which is an awesome phone, never was really taken seriously.

Neither did the tbolt and that is because of verizon's controlling nature. I would say if you want updates get a nexus but it seems like the vzw nexus is going the way of the other verizon devices. I am guessing oems want you to root and do it yourself. :icon_ devil:

yaterml

Reaction score

Problem is most people assumed that because it was bundled with a gimmick like the Dre Beats that is was a subpar phone and it never really had a shot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Droid101

Reaction score
Let me just say that (what I'm thinking most people think here) is that the rezound is not discontinued already its still active. And I should know seeing how I work for verizon ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Insidious

Reaction score
There's no way its being discontinued, especially with the recent increase in popularity.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still on VZW for 199.99!

Given that it may be the best VZW smart phone currently available, why would they discontinue it?

It's not the "best VZW smart phone currently available" - at least not spec-wise. Don't let the 1.5GHz speed of the chipset fool you. The issue with the Scorpion chipset (Snapdragon S3) found in the Rezound is that it is based on an outdated design. It is based on the ARM Cortex A8 CPU core, while the OMAPs found in the Motorola devices and the GNex are Cortex A9 based. The Rezound's chipset was news last year at this time, but has become outdated.

If a new phone is coming down the pike with a Snapdragon S4, well, they would have very good reason to discontinue the Rezound.

nmos

Reaction score
I don't know about discontinued but the Rezound has definitely been something of a second class citizen at VZ. Almost every display in the local store has Moto Droids but only 1 lonely Rezound. There was an entire section of Razr accessories but the Rezound stuff was off in a corner. The VZ kiosk at the local Sams club has all the other top tier phones like IPhone and Razr but no Rezound. Some big web sites like Anandtech didn't even bother to review it and those that did seemed more interested in flash than functionality.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Snoking

Reaction score
It's not the "best VZW smart phone currently available" - at least not spec-wise. Don't let the 1.5GHz speed of the chipset fool you. The issue with the Scorpion chipset (Snapdragon S3) found in the Rezound is that it is based on an outdated design. It is based on the ARM Cortex A8 CPU core, while the OMAPs found in the Motorola devices and the GNex are Cortex A9 based. The Rezound's chipset was news last year at this time, but has become outdated.

If a new phone is coming down the pike with a Snapdragon S4, well, they would have very good reason to discontinue the Rezound.

I was talking overall performance, camera, ease to hold, call quality, and reliability.

flamewalker

Reaction score
This is the most under rated phone out there.

100% agree. This phone didn't get a fair shake, yet it is probably one of the best. The specs certainly put it in the top tier. The performance... some complain about Sense, but you know what? I have no real complaints about the out-of-box experience (other than the battery - but as far as the UI? It just works.). Sure there is 'bloat', but I haven't really noticed any slowness or anything caused by it. And, in the ICS build at least, you can disable them. They still get update notifications sometimes which is annoying but not a deal breaker.

I came from a rooted D1. The difference and smoothness is night and day. Sure, some day I will probably root it. There are a few minor things I wish I could do on stock (like battery level on lock screen), but overall, I think this should have been the phone they promoted the most.

Just IMHO!

Insidious

Reaction score
I don't know about discontinued but the Rezound has definitely been something of a second class citizen at VZ. Almost every display in the local store has Moto Droids but only 1 lonely Rezound. There was an entire section of Razr accessories but the Rezound stuff was off in a corner. The VZ kiosk at the local Sams club has all the other top tier phones like IPhone and Razr but no Rezound. Some big web sites like Anandtech didn't even bother to review it and those that did seemed more interested in flash than functionality.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

That's weird, at my local store they were steering me away from the Droid Razr, Bionic, and Gnex all due to their antenna issues. They also said you shouldn't pay $300 for a Gnex because you'll be just as happy, of not happier with a Rezound. Guess it varies by service rep.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me. When I was having problems with data drops on my Bionic, I wanted to replace it with a Rezound. The "Manager" said that she could not do that since the Rezound was a in a higher quality class of quality than all Motorola phones, my Bionic specifically.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
That's weird, at my local store they were steering me away from the Droid Razr, Bionic, and Gnex all due to their antenna issues. They also said you shouldn't pay $300 for a Gnex because you'll be just as happy, of not happier with a Rezound. Guess it varies by service rep.

I'm starting to think it depends upon the "balance" of their inventory. The VZW rep was steering me away from the Gnex one day when I was looking around, and he said "Lots of people are having problems with reception." He also was steering me away from the Rezound. He was very Moto-biased.

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me. When I was having problems with data drops on my Bionic, I wanted to replace it with a Rezound. The "Manager" said that she could not do that since the Rezound was a in a higher quality class of quality than all Motorola phones, my Bionic specifically.

I disagree with that. My bionic is better than the rezound anyday...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I disagree with that. My bionic is better than the rezound anyday...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Man, you must have a special bionic. Cause that phone is nothing but problems. Mainly data drops all day. In no way shape or form is the bionic a better phone than the Rezound. Majority of people would agree.

Sent from my HTC Rezound