Using the entire picture for a wallpaper, not just a portion...

will.anaya

Reaction score
I am trying to add a picture to my wallpaper and i would like to use the entire picture instead of cropping out most of the pic.

is there a way i can do this?

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
If the picture is bigger than 480 x 854, then no. You only have to crop, when the photo is higher than the droid's maximum resolution..

Coder190

Reaction score
I"m having the same problem...... I purchased a skin and want to have the decal around the case match up with the homepage wallpaper, but I can't seem to resize or crop the picture correctly.

I've seen from other related posted that this problem has something to do with the latest update to the droid software.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

OP
will.anaya

will.anaya

Reaction score
I"m having the same problem...... I purchased a skin and want to have the decal around the case match up with the homepage wallpaper, but I can't seem to resize or crop the picture correctly.

I've seen from other related posted that this problem has something to do with the latest update to the droid software.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

found it!!

if all you want are portrait wallpapers, meaning that you cannot have the full picture as your wallpaper (assuming you have more than one screen) check out : [dodol] Wallpaper Maker. its free

however, if you want full landscape wallpapers and don't want to be limited by the droid's stock wallpaper maker, get the paid version of the same app, just $1.00.

just bought it and regardless of the size of the pic, i get the entire picture in landscape mode. i can also stitch a series of pics together, one for each screen.

bhall238

Reaction score
Thanks for this. That's why I love this site, you can always learn something. I'm on my to check out wallpaper maker.

bhall238

Reaction score
Well I went there and tried to use the free version (I like to try things before I buy them) and when I click on finish, it tells me I have to buy the full version to process my wallpaper. I know it's just $1.00 but what's the point of having a free version. Am I doing something wrong? For now, I uninstalled it.

macgyver1307

Reaction score
I'm telling the get flikie wallpaper and add your wallpapers to it's folder in your gallery and it would work for you..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
will.anaya

will.anaya

Reaction score
Well I went there and tried to use the free version (I like to try things before I buy them) and when I click on finish, it tells me I have to buy the full version to process my wallpaper. I know it's just $1.00 but what's the point of having a free version. Am I doing something wrong? For now, I uninstalled it.

the free version will only let you use the portrait option of the wallpaper maker.

if you want to use the landscape and stitching wallpaper maker, then you have to upgrade to the paid version.

the picture i have on my wallpaper is greater than the specs listed by SwiftLegend, 2nd post. but i had to purchase the full version. in my opinion, well worth the dollar.

cooltc2004

Reaction score
I don't know if this is what you wanted, but I just found this out myself. If you click on the cropped section and hold it, you can adjust the size of the crop.

player52

Reaction score
drag the square to a corner
drag a corner from from the box till you get everything in the picture

incr3dibl3

Reaction score
try this

Alright everyone I've had the same problem. Forces you to crop and zoom's to far in. I found an app called "crop wallpaper" by tateisu. It is free and has an option to use an entire image regardless of size. Works great on my Droid incredible by htc. Hope this helps.