Using Nav on flip out screen?

bdizz07

Reaction score
So i got the speedview app for the HUD view so u can set the phone on ur dash while u drive and look at the window and view ur speed and also i was using the GPS/Map app and it also says ur speed and what road, etc ur on.

I was curious as to know if theres anyway to connect the phone to my indash dvd unit so i can get the nav/gps to work on that. My dvd units brain/box for the outputs and rca jacks are under my passenger seat so i would need some type of cable for the phone or something to hook up to that. Its an Alpine IVA-D310 flip out dvd/cd/mp3 player, i have my ipod connected ro it right now so idk if the phone would sync the info over, i have the option of having audio place install nav into it but its alot extra $ to do that. Theres a NAV button but the screen goes black when i press it cuz i dont have the cd or aything installed for it to work, so i would love to have my phone setup for it. Any help would be great so i can save $ and not have to look at my phone for gps while i drive.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Trying to integrate the phone's GPS ability to your in-dash would probably be way out of the question. I would just use the phone as your primary nav, maybe look into a car dock for easier viewing.

Rocky

Reaction score
You'd need an audio/video cable (or bluetooth adapter) that would transfer the phone's audio/video to your car radio, right?

As far as I know no such adapter is on the market -- yet. I'd love one too (such as the RedFly device that proyects your phone's screen on a bigger screen that has a built-in keyboard).

Hopefully something will be available for Android sooner or later.

Rocky