Using droid for music in your car?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by dsernacpht, Sep 25, 2011.

1. OSX2000

OSX2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Any double-male-ended 3.5mm audio cable will work.

2. mikedyk43

mikedyk43 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will not find a headunit that will control a DROID in the same manner that they can an iPod/iphone because android just doesn't have that feature (at least as far as I've seen). What you should look for is any headunit that supports Bluetooth Streaming Audio. More specifically the Bluetooth protocol is A2DP. Any stereo that supports A2DP Bluetooth protocol will allow you to start, stop, seek, skip and pause. It will not display any music info, but it works well for what it does.

3. Veganlady

Veganlady New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drat. That is what I thought would be the case but I read "control everything from the deck" and my hopes soared.

I have no tape deck or aux in on the stock deck in my 2004 Frontier. I will examine the wired FM modulator posted earlier (I'm in Los Angeles, so wired is necessary) or a new deck with streaming bluetooth. I think the super fancy one with the big screen posted earlier would be overkill if its just going to display "bluetooth audio" the majority of the time.

Thanks for the insights, everyone. There was a lot of help in this thread!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

#39 Veganlady, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. Droid3Guy

Droid3Guy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an issue with mine where, if I have my engine running, I can hear the engine noise through the speakers, when I have my phone plugged in to the aux port. Is there anything out there to cancel out this interference? When I plug my sat radio into the aux I don't get any noise from the engine. Thanks.

5. mikedyk43

mikedyk43 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Engine noise is usually caused by a poor ground. If you get engine noise using your phone in the AUX port while the phone is NOT plugged into a charger, than the bad ground is on the stereo itself.

6. spunker88

spunker88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You wouldn't happen to be charging your phone at the same time. Mine does this only when charging. I haven't checked but I imagine the ground of the microUSB plug and the ground of the headphone jack are tied together inside the phone so noise from the charger can pass through the audio input to the FM transmitter.

7. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I use mine all the time. I used to use the tape adapter till I got a stereo upgrade. Now I use the male to male auxilary cord. Plugs in and you can listen to music and when you get a call it stops the music and let's you take the call through the speakers then when they hang up the music resumes.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

8. patman68

patman68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an aftermarket JVC stereo in my car. It has a 3.5 mm aux jack. I use a 3.5 to 3.5 patch cord, choose the aux setting, and fire away. I also plug it into charger. Busy with wires, but it works.

9. jaxjaggywires

jaxjaggywires Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This...

10. socalsx

socalsx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you're going with an aftermarket unit, bluetooth is a must. plenty offer it for under $100. You can stream anything wirelessly so its pretty convenient. I also like using poweramp because it starts playing my music as soon as a connection is made. My phone can remain in my pocket and my 10gigs of music are already playing :)

Search tags for this page
auxiliary for droid razr walmart
droid 3 audio to car radio aux
droid 3 music cable

droid 3 music in car

droid m using usb cord for vehicle
how to hook up android razor to car cd player
how to hook up galaxy to car stereo
htc dna wont play through aux on car radio
play galaxy phone songs through tape deck
what size aux cord does the android 3 take