Using droid for music in your car?

dsernacpht

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can connect your droid 3 to your car stereo like you can for the ipod? If so what cords etc. Do you need?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
D

dsernacpht

Reaction score
My car does have aux on the stereo I was wondering if anyone has actuallly done it yet and knows if it works or not

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Car Dock kit came with a cable that connects my headphone jack to the aux in on my car stereo's faceplate. I'm not sure if the Droid 3 Car Dock comes with it, but I would assume so. Also, I'm sure you can find just the cable somewhere, or order it online.

Sent from my OTA GB Droid 2 Global

countryboy88

Reaction score
What kind of car? Do you have an aftermarket stereo with an aux in or a stock one with the aux in already
For my 03 s10 I ordered a aux out cable that piggy backs off the stock harness and then I ran a headphone jack to rca cable through my dash to connect to it.
Cost was around 55 for both things

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

dsernacpht

Reaction score
I have a 06 civic sedan ex with nav all stock but the civic came with the aux connector bellow the cig lighter I just didn't know if it would actually work or not if I were to hook up to the car

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Assuming your aux port is a standard 3.5mm port it will plug into your phones headphone slot and function as a "big speaker" if you will. All of your functions will still be controlled from the phone.

If your aux port is NOT 3.5 this doesn't apply.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

uncle_randall

Reaction score
My car does have aux on the stereo I was wondering if anyone has actuallly done it yet and knows if it works or not

Why wouldn't it work? I plug my droid into all sorts of stuff and it always works :p. Even my PS3, it's great!

uncle_randall

Reaction score
I'm having a different issue in my gf's car. She's got a bone stock 2006 Subaru outback and i cannot connect my phone to her stereo thanks to the lack of an auxiliary port on her stereo. Anything I can purchase or download to use my droid through her radio? That's what she does with her iphone 4. Such an icky phone.

OP
D

dsernacpht

Reaction score
Unclerandall- what size cable do you use for your droid3 for your car?

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I'm having a different issue in my gf's car. She's got a bone stock 2006 Subaru outback and i cannot connect my phone to her stereo thanks to the lack of an auxiliary port on her stereo. Anything I can purchase or download to use my droid through her radio? That's what she does with her iphone 4. Such an icky phone.

FM plug and play from Walmart, it host any source through FM radio stations

Sent from my DROID X2

uncle_randall

Reaction score
Unclerandall- what size cable do you use for your droid3 for your car?

I don't have a car, all droids have 3.5mm output jacks to my knowledge, you would be hard pressed to find an modern phone with out one unless it's a cheap beater phone.

Last edited:

uncle_randall

Reaction score
FM plug and play from Walmart, it host any source through FM radio stations

Sent from my DROID X2

Wordd, i didn't know the Droid had those also. I haven't been to wally world in a coon's age. Thanks dude :)

OP
D

dsernacpht

Reaction score
Ok thanks ill try it out and repost and see how things work out thanks to all :)