Useless 4g ?

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Heck, I'm still waiting to get LTE in my neck of the woods here in Florida. Consider yourself lucky that you have it. I've had a few 4g phones and haven't had LTE yet except when travelling. I've been on hotel wifi and LTE in Jacksonville, LTE was blazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
On my Thunderbolt I never really saw much of a difference between 3G and 4G (Speedtest.net speeds were essentially the same, 3G at 1mbps, 4G never went over 5mbps). Plus 4G drained my battery about 50% faster. The Nexus is totally different. 4G speeds are noticably faster at 15mbps. I leave 4G on all the time and my battery still lasts me from 7am to 11pm every day. I definitely notice the difference in situations like at the gym, where I stream Netflix for about an hour.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I've noticed that verizons map lists my town as a 4g extended network area. I have yet to get a 4g signal anywhere in town.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SamnTysmome

Reaction score
I live in an area where I get 4g, so my husband bought a Xoom tablet 4g this past Thanksgiving for me. I then got the Razr Maxx for the leap day sale. I never had any problems with 4g until April 27th, now all I get is 3g. When I leave my home I pick up 4g about 2.5 to 4 miles from my home. When coming home I lose it just after turning down my street. The closest tower to me is .8 miles away. I have been on the phone with Verizon 3 times in the past week and 2 people started a ticket on this and I have heard nothing back. Any suggestions? Also I did get the update a few days prior to 4g going out near my home and this also happened on my Xoom tablet (losing 4g).