Use a Task Killer for this phone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by patfactorx, Aug 22, 2011.

1. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know some of u are going to disagree with me but after using ATK. My phone is a LOT faster. I was getting lag when playing podcasts and even just navigating around the phone but after using a task killer the phone is a lot smoother. I have it set so that it is aggressively killing background apps I'm not using.

I will stop using ATK after we get root and I can freeze all this bloatware tho

2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Forcing the phone's OS to operate improperly is never a good idea. Task killers are bad, plain and simple. I think enough evidence and facts have been presented by Google and other Developers that Task Killers are a big No-No.

3. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read me sig below and he will explain the whole thing in detail why it is bad

4. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Your battery life must be suffering. Task killers on Android 2.2 and up are a big no-no.
    But even without task killer, phone is killing background apps in very aggressive mode - that 3D fancy looking launcher is a memory hog! How could Motorola release the phone with only 512MB RAM is beyond me. Using less resource demanding launcher sorts the problem to a certain extent, but nothing would be as nice as adding more physical RAM (which is impossible of course). Let's hope D4 will have more RAM :)