USB tethering Bionic - no root

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I've seen conflicting reports on this. I have a stock Bionic with the .893, and I'd like to know if I use USB tethering, will I be charged automatically for an extra monthly fee? Or is it free?

hammer3882

Reaction score
You should be able to USB tether for free, you get charged when you try and use the mobile hotspot. Atleast for me bone stock bionic with .893

OP
S

shadowsjc

Reaction score
cool - thanks. my ISP is going bonkers but at least i'm able to get online via the USB tether

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
An app called pdanet will allow you to USB tether. Its free to try or $9.95 for the full. I have used it and it works well.
It was pulled from the market awhile back, but I checked and it is there now.

ebourlet

Reaction score
You don't need pda net to tether. The Bionic native tether USB works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

donzz

Reaction score
You don't need pda net to tether. The Bionic native tether USB works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

It didn't work for me. I had to use PDANET. It's the only thing that worked for tethering on my phone.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can USB tether on the bionic using the stuff in Wireless options. A few weeks ago I stumbled on this and made a topic about it. I was under the impression that vzw charged for USB tethering, but I've been able to do it freely for a while.

It is either a Bionic or LTE feature. Cause the other 3G phones don't do it without redirecting you to paying it.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used my Bionic to watch 2.5 seasons of the show "24" on my computer. Racked up about 30 Gb of data. No extra charge. Used pdanet. Will have check out the native tether.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Scribble

Reaction score
I've used the USB tether a number of times with no charge. If they tried to charge me I would fight as there is no notice of an additional fee made, as there is with the mobile hotspot. (Which I still find ridiculous. I pay for the band with who are they to tell me how to use it.)