1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

USB Keeps Getting Kicked Off

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Greaser, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Greaser

Greaser New Member

Hi, I just recently upgraded from a D1 to a DX and have a nagging issue, I will hook the DX to my PC to transfer files to and from DX and it will randomly lose the connection for no reason, this happens in USB mass storage mode, I've also used Windows Media Sync and PC Mode, but the problem is that in those modes I don't see my Media folder that I already have everything in. I know that its a phone issue because I already tried hooking it up to my laptop as well and it does the same thing, any suggestions?
  2. dtsig

dtsig New Member

It could be a USB Cable issue ... connection and all. I don't think that they are the best connectors i have seen. Try another cable and see if there is a difference.
  3. chkmate

chkmate New Member

Could be USB connection. Are you having any reboots when plugging it in?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\
  4. Greaser

Greaser New Member

Same for different cables, it will stay hooked up with Windows Media Hook-up, but would rather have it with USB mass storage
Search tags for this page

my droid usb mass storage keeps on getting kicked off the co