droid x usb to computer

fertig 70

Reaction score
What is the issue with connecting an X to a computer via usb. I choose USB Mass Storage option and I am not able to access the SD card via the computer like I am supposed to be able to. The computer asks me to insert a disc. What is PC mode and Windows Media Sync? I also have a debugging option?? When that is on, the X goes crazy.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Open up my computer before you connect the droid. See which drives are available, then mount the droid with usb mass storage option. It should pop up a new drive at this point. Double click the new drive. Is it still popping up insert cd? Maybe you were clicking on your cd drive?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

fertig 70

Reaction score
Just tried your suggestion hemorrdroid. Still no luck. G drive popped up as a removable disc, I clicked on it and it is still asking to insert a disk. Another problem, the MotoHelper driver wants to install. I installed this once again and tried to open the G drive, still asking for a disk. I would really like to transfer files directly to the SD card without removing it.

mpiazzisi

Reaction score
Fertig I am having the exact same issue. I connect my X in Mass Storage mode and I get a MOTO G: drive. When opened it does not show my files. I can get to my SD card in PC mode. However it does not show up as a drive but as "Other DROID X". In this mode I cannot put files on the SD card. As a BlackBerry user for 10 years I am beginning to get seriously upset about this.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
To those that are having issues connecting your Droid X`s to your PC`s...make sure you have installed the proper driver package from Motorola--->http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/USB_Drivers_bit_4.8.0.exe

Once installed, reboot your PC, then reattach your phone to the PC via USB and after connection, make sure you are in USB Mass Storage mode...see if this helps.

Also, after this install, you will have a Verizon pop up message...look down in the Task Bar of the computer, find the Motorola Icon and "right click" it, then the top option will say "when phone connects launch"...click it and then select "Nothing"...that will disable the pop up from here on out...

Try this and post back and we can go from there to help you get lined out...:)

OP
F

fertig 70

Reaction score
I an no longer having this issue. I don't know what solved it. The only thing I am doing different is I am using a different usb jack.

droidude666

Reaction score
Im having this exact same issue and im on my second droid 2 from asurion for the same reason , Im also using a mac thanks in advance and im asking myself why after giving up my jailbroken & unlocked iphone on tmobile

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I had the problem on the ally... ur going to have to find the driver package for ur phone on the website (ex. Lg, motorola... ). After getting them install them into ur computer. Then connect ur phone after to a diff usb than before. It should work just fine

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

psychopomp

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with my DX (on a HP laptop), even after switching USB ports. I ended up right-clicking on the MotoHelper and selecting "Check for Motorola device driver update". It said "No update available", or something to that effect, and then rebooted my DX. No longer having the issue. : )

EDIT: I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it's happening again. : /

Last edited:

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I an no longer having this issue. I don't know what solved it. The only thing I am doing different is I am using a different usb jack.

Bad usb ports can botch your transfers too. It cost me an Samsung Omnia awhile back. It faulted while flashing and bricked it and that is not fun.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App