USB-Charge only issue

Trinicki

Reaction score
I've been running ApeX 1.0 for some time now and up till a week or so ago i haven't had any significant issues.

a week or so ago i discovered that whenever i connect my phone to my laptop my DX screen shows "connecting USB for charging only"
however the DX is actually mounting itself. I get a removable disc popup on
my laptop and i can move files back and forth from laptop to DX.

i cannot access files on the DX like music or some apps due to it being mounted even though notifications show charge only.
i have reviewed apps that i have downloaded recently and the last one, Titanium backup doesnt seem to have any options to make this occur but to be on the safe side i uninstalled it to see if the issue was resolved... it wasnt.

anyone run into this and if so do you have any suggestions?

tatuud

Reaction score
not sure if this is what you're talking about but have you actually pulled down the notification bar after your phone is plugged in, clicked on usb connection then checked off another option...there are 4 options to choose from. pc mode, windows sync, usb mass storage and charge only. click on usb mass storage if you want to drag files, pics or videos onto your phone. the removable disk window you're seeing is your phone in usb mass storage mode. if you open windows explorer on your computer you will see the removable disk drive under your computer, will probably be "e" or "f" drive depending on what you have on your computer. that is your phone, click on it and on the right side of your computer screen will be a list of your phones folders, from there you can move, delete or do pretty much whatever you need to. i hope that's what you were asking and that my rambling helped.

Kevbar

Reaction score
This happened to me also.

Member harrellj had the answer that worked for me:

"Do you have Winamp installed on the phone? Or double-twist? Both of them by default set the card to auto-mount, but luckily thats a setting that can be disabled. Prior to this starting, the apps that you either installed/updated, double-check their settings to see if they snuck it in on you."

Winamp was my problem.

S

SingingSabre

This happened to me also.

Member harrellj had the answer that worked for me:

"Do you have Winamp installed on the phone? Or double-twist? Both of them by default set the card to auto-mount, but luckily thats a setting that can be disabled. Prior to this starting, the apps that you either installed/updated, double-check their settings to see if they snuck it in on you."

Winamp was my problem.

Winamp! *shakes fist*

Thank you SO much.