USB Charge Not Working

Timar99

Reaction score
anyone having issues with this after the update? mine just sits here and does not charge.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
anyone having issues with this after the update? mine just sits here and does not charge.

Try a different usb cable. They have been known to go bad. If that doesn't help then you may have a bad usb port. Not so easy to fix...phone replacement. When you have the usb cable connected, usb connector on phone set to mass storage, can you see the files on your sd card? Also, do you have the usb connector on the phone set to charge only (although that shouldn't make a difference...it should charge no matter what you have the phone's connector set to).

OP
Timar99

Timar99

Reaction score
yeah its in charge only mode...wall charger works fine, does it on all pc's. the light just flickers on the port.

chris2992

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing following the 2.3.3 update. It also is trying and failing to install a driver on my computer anytime that the phone is connected.

OP
Timar99

Timar99

Reaction score
yeah it sucks cause the battery drain is worse now so I like using the usb charge in the office...but now im screwed.

Cara Smith

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel Fierce
Try a different usb cable. They have been known to go bad. If that doesn't help then you may have a bad usb port. Not so easy to fix...phone replacement. When you have the usb cable connected, usb connector on phone set to mass storage, can you see the files on your sd card? Also, do you have the usb connector on the phone set to charge only (although that shouldn't make a difference...it should charge no matter what you have the phone's connector set to).

I had that problem and had to replace my port. Got a cheap one for $20, had decent reviews for the price.