Battery Charging.

cpark92808

Reaction score
Hi. Im a noob to android and i had a question about charging my droid pro. I usually let my phone charge at night when I am sleeping. After it charges to hundred percent, there is a notification that says unplug your phone to conserve energy. After, it stops charging and my battery goes down to 20 percent by the time I wake up in the morning. Is there any way to disable this feature?

tennvol

Reaction score
Are you using the charger that came with the phone? I charge my pro everynight and when I wake up it is fully charged

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi. Im a noob to android and i had a question about charging my droid pro. I usually let my phone charge at night when I am sleeping. After it charges to hundred percent, there is a notification that says unplug your phone to conserve energy. After, it stops charging and my battery goes down to 20 percent by the time I wake up in the morning. Is there any way to disable this feature?

I recharge my phone overnight also and have never had your problem. I turn my phone off before charging. That shouldn't make a difference, but you might try that. I'd also check to see what you have running in the background that is discharging your battery faster than the charger can charge it. Some battery saving tips: turn-off GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth unless you are actively using them or need them. Apps that routinely download updates (data) at specified intervals should be set to "manual or never"...when you want an update just run the app...saves alot of battery.

OP
C

cpark92808

Reaction score
ya it is weird. because After the eco friendly message about unplug your phone, the white light outlining the charging port turns off, and my phone starts running on batteries

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That notification is talking about unplugging your charger from the wall to conserve energy it is a lame eco friendly thing from Moto. Has nothing to do with your battery on the phone. If your phone is going down 20 % you have something else eating it up. From the phones dial pad do *#*#4636#*#* and go to battery history and see what is using it up.

norifuku

Reaction score

I'm suffering same problem. There should be some settings about it, but can't find out. Very annoying.

So I bought Extended battery, and remove most of unuse blur applications to conserve battery. Latter one is quite effective.

threar

Reaction score
I was having the same issue, this is not normal behaviour. I took my Pro back to verizon and had it replaced, and now when the "unplug your phone" notice comes on, it still has 100% charge when I wake up in the morning.

norifuku

Reaction score
I found out the reason!
A option Applications - Developpment - Stay awake doing bad.

Turn it off, then my battery problem gone. Wake up in a morning and my Droid Pro still have 100 or 90% charges. yay.

Sent from my DROID PRO

zenivzen

Reaction score
sydman you just gave me the key to read my seidio battery. thanks.